dpoursanidis

To service it or to give to my baby to play with?

Good morning Wetpixels !

A happy user of S&S 110a strobes for 5 years, after a dive with ENELOOP batteries, i have a flood (?) or battery problem. I find few water and battery fluids in the housing. I clean it carefully and dry it as well.

After some days, i was preparing for a new dive and during the housing preparation i notice that this strobe didn't operate. No RED light after the position to ON. I test the same batteries to the second one and was perfect.

So, any idea ? Flood ? Malfunction to the battery conpartment ? Any advice ? Can i serve it ? Does worth ? And if yes, to whom ?

Thanks for

Dimitris

Hi Dimitris

I'm not familiar with the S&S 110a and am sure someone with more knowledge will chip-in. But have you tried cleaning the battery terminals with distilled water or a mix of white vinegar and water? Sometimes it can be salt build-up if you have had a few drops of water on the contacts which can stop the batteries connecting properly with the strobe. Maybe worth a try?

If the battery compartment is isolated from the strobe electronics - which is often the case - the problem may be resolvable. But, as I say, someone with more knowledge of that model can probably help more.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks Tim

I will run some more check (battery cap change, clean with vinegar n' water) and hope that will help.

Let see of others have similar issues and save it

D.

The problem is related to the battery cap. I have to change them as the metal part that contact with the batteries is almost flat and don't have a good contact.

So, flash survive :pardon:

Phew! Good news. Well done.

Sponsors

Advertisements