J.Wal

Got some photos to print, guidance?

Need some guidance. Would like to print a few photos and can't decide to do canvas vs a regular photo and if Ido a regular photo what paper should I haven't done on?

I want to enlarge the photos to 12x14" or so and want it to be crisp and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have a lot of experience with printing other the the gallery wraps I have had printed that hang in my house. They were insanely expensive. Recently I was asked by our local museum to hang a dozen prints to display for the month of January. I was both humbled and horrified at the same time. I could not afford to print a dozen 24 x 36 prints but I really wanted the honor. Just for shits and giggles I had a few poster size prints done at Walgreens. I was shocked and amazed. Walgreens for $20 a photo printed the sharpest prints one could ask for. I now walk around my house looking at my gallery wraps that were $300 each and though they are well done are not $280 dollars better then Walgreens. Walgreens who would have thought? Frikin Walgreens!!!

Thanks! Was not sure if I should try that or not.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda similar experience here. My printer at home is supposed to be good for printing pictures. I got special ink cartridges, special papers and the prints came out just OK. I needed to print some larger ones and I took them to Kinkos (now FedEx Office) and printed them there on glossy paper and it was really, really good quality. There was one that came from a crop so the original wasn't very large and even that one came out nicely. Somehow their software avoided pixelation.

11x14 inch prints can easily be made at home with quality that (IMO) is much better than Costco or Walgreens. I use both an Epson 4800 and a Canon pro 100 using Red River metallic paper and I think the results are quite nice (we use these prints at the Scuba Show exposition in Long Beach every year and they look great. But you need to work at getting good prints (calibration etc.). If budget is your primary concern, then go to Costco and you should be happy.

Bill

Sponsors

Advertisements