Eitan Ben Tsvi

The first compatible housing for Sony A6300 . Easydive from Italy

Easydive housings from Italy - launches the first underwater housing, compatible with the sony A6300
https://www.facebook.com/easydivefan/posts/546449365537140?pnref=story
And as a Sony A6000 Owner that uses their Leo3 Wi housing I'm very very happy! :)
Why ?
Because I can Upgrade only the camera to the new sony A6300....And I don't need to upgrade the housing :)
More than that....I can even upgrade to Sony A7r II or Any A7....And use the same housing that I already have
( Or even" cross the lines" to canon / nikon or panasonic and still use with the same housing)
Easydive's "Multi Adaptive" housings concept is, in my opinion, the most innovative " out of the box"
concept in the underwater photography word today.
I was counting on that when I choose Easydive's "Leo3 Wi" housing model for my Sony A6000 ...
And I'm very glad to be able to just upgrade my camera easy with no " new housing" costs

After more than 100 dives with this housing I can say only good things about it. realy!
It is very ergonomic balanced in the water....and very easy to use.
Edited by yaronad

It definately is a interesting concept, and while the housing is a bit expensive the ports aren't overpriced like Nauticam.

A few things I"m worried about though:

- Controlling Shutterspeed/F-stop/Iso through buttons seems a bit awkward.

- 3kg for a housing would be quite heavy to handle above water

- EVF can't be used. Also there's some space between the LCD display and housing glass, it will be harder to see what you're shooting.

- No test shots available, can't check the performance of a specific lens/port combo.

• Like 1

It definately is a interesting concept, and while the housing is a bit expensive the ports aren't overpriced like Nauticam.

A few things I"m worried about though:

- Controlling Shutterspeed/F-stop/Iso through buttons seems a bit awkward.

- 3kg for a housing would be quite heavy to handle above water

- EVF can't be used. Also there's some space between the LCD display and housing glass, it will be harder to see what you're shooting.

- No test shots available, can't check the performance of a specific lens/port combo.

I can answer only from my experience.....

The f / s / iso ergonomic panel....is one of the edges here! really. It is hard to imagine how

After few times you get addicted to the simplicity of controlling 80% of the actual needs, in one hand. Including the trigger. It is amazing!

3kg is a little bit heavy out of water, yes .

But it is no more heavy than other metal housings brands.

In my case it is 4 pounds heavier than my previous housing

The no EVF magnification is a problem to some. Yes

I know that they are working on that. And it will be available soon

I use X3 LCD magnifier that warks great

About actual pics...they are oprating for more than 15 years, they have many users.

I was asking them about that before I bought mine. And contact few.

I am using the sony 90mm macro with a flat port.

And the 10-18mm with 6' dome

You can see my pics from the link at my signature

I only use this housing for few months, yes.

And it is really amazing

:-)

Another importent edge is the price.

It is definitely not cheap housing....but! My calculation showed me that it is much cheaper than nauticam.....with my 2 lens. Mostly becous of the ports etc.

And don't forget that you don't need to change housing when you want to upgrade your camera, or even change brand

For me it made a big difference

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by yaronad

Really nice pics, definately shows the capabilities of the 90mm. When did you start using it? I initially thought you only used the kit lens ;)

Also do you happen to have more samples of the 10-18? I can only see a few of them in your stream. Have you done any video?

Another issue, doesn't the Leo limit your focus options quite a lot?

• Like 1

Leo holding are still compatible with old but unique Igloo/Underwave cristal ports.

Maybe some seasoned photographer still remember these gems

http://www.fotoevita.net/igloo.htm

They have still high prices on used gear market

• Like 1

THX :)

I use the 10-18 much less than the 90mm....so there is only few pics. sorry

( I'm simply addicted to the 90mm :) )

I intend to use it more in the future

About your question regarding the focus options limitation...it is actually quite the opposite. No limitations

I can control all the camera functions , including Menu Entry and Focus modes

Hi Eitan,

I am considering getting the LEO 3 housing for a7iii. Wondering if you have any updated experiences? Great photos on instagram btw!

Also do you get any issues on soft edges for the 10-18mm on the 6inch dome?

Thanks

SK

Sponsors

Advertisements