Griff

Nauticam a6300 housing

Nauticam have announced a Sony a6300 housing.

post-50926-0-79635000-1459413258_thumb.png

Nauticam are usually quick in shipping their new housings. Contact your local dealer.

Just trying to get my a6300 setup together. I have the sony10-18 wide angle lense and I would like to get the Sony 90mm macro as well.

Tested the 90 macro yesterday and the AF is very bad so I would need the focusgear from Nauticam. The gear is only supported in the N85-N100 65mm port adapter. For the 10-18f4 Nauticam recommend the N85-N120 60mm port adapter with 180mm N120 dome port.

Do you think that the 10-18 will work with the N85-N100 65mm port adapter and 180mm N100 dome port as well? The adapter would be 5mm longer then the recommended N85-N120 60mm.

The recommendation from both Nauticam for the 180mm dome and ZEN Underwater for the 170mm dome is that you use a 60mm extension. Since the widest end of the lens is before the lens is extended to 18mm it could vignette, I would want to test this longer extension before investing in something that may not allow you to use the full zoom range.

Not sure that I agree that the 90mm AF is "very bad" it requires a learning curve as any new lens would. Do agree that it is a bit slow compared to some macro lenses and that if you are shooting video that the lens should be manually focused. I shoot the lens with the focus limiting switch set to the 0.5m-0.28m range. Anything beyond half a meter is a bit to much water between the lens and subject in most cases. I also have the lens optical steady shot turned off. I have used the lens on both the Full Frame A7 series cameras and the A6300 (above water). I have the manual lens gear in my Nauticam A7R II housing but only use it if I want to be sure I am focused all the way to 1:1.

Sponsors

Advertisements