Sign in to follow this  
insomniac

NEW Panasonic GX85 Announced

Does anyone know if there are any housings planned for the GX85?

Thanks.

I think the GX7 mark II will make a fine entry level 4K video. In terms of still images seems same or less to the GX7. The flash sync speed at 1/160 is really a bit slow

Flash sync is too slow indeed. But apart from that IBIS during 4k, no shutter shock and affordability makes this a very attractive camera to me.

Ergonomics are very good as well. For example, flash output can be set at a very low level for manual lighting. This is problematic if you're shooting a Sony.

I already got the camera and can't wait to get the Nauticam housing.

Just wondering, should I go with the Panasonic 7-14 or would it be better to keep using my old Inon H100 + 14-42 mega ois?.

Edited by Diver4fun

Ikelite are first with an underwater housing which has fibre optic ports too.

post-50926-0-72019500-1469236024_thumb.png

I think the GX7 mark II will make a fine entry level 4K video. In terms of still images seems same or less to the GX7. The flash sync speed at 1/160 is really a bit slow

I just bought a GX80 (EU version of GX85/GX7mkII) for topside and tested: you can sync up to 1/320 with a manual flash (e.g an LED strobe trigger)! 1/250 is perfectly clear, 1/320 looses a roughly 5% band on the top of the image - no concern, if the target you want to light up is below in the "90% portion" of the image.

Sounds awesome, now the question is wether it fits in the housing.

In the GX80/85 housings it certainly does, question is if it can be pushed into an old GX7 housing :D

Edited by tamas970

Does it fit the Nauticam Gx80 housing?

To be clear, I'm talking about the LED trigger, not the camera ;)

I see :D Unfortunately no one shared a picture on the housing:(. However, it's not too difficult to fit an LED, a small circuit and a coin battery with a little DIY.

Just need something like this, but for Panasonic to be developed (which prob. won't happen)....

Edited by insomniac

Am probably going to buy the GX85 in a new Nauticam housing. This camera has all the feature of the GX8 Less the 20mp sensor. I would put it between the GX7 and GX8 in size and specs. It is about $500 less for camera and this camera comes with an internal flash so no extra there. It would seem to be a natural fit to my Pany 8mm FE and came be setup behind the 4.33 inch dome port easily. The stabilization and auto focus are also better than GX7.

For still images the GX7 for me is a better option higher sync speed and longer battery. Stabilisation is irrelevant in the range of shutter speeds you use underwater for photos and with very wide lenses. For video instead GX80/85 all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the GX85 accurately white balances at depth or if it requires a red filter to do so?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements