okuma

Ambon Diving

I am considering a trip to dive Ambon in December.

At that time of year, it it better to stay on the Ambon Bay side or the eastern coast side?

Primary interest is macro and specifically rhinopeaus photography.

Just got back from 10 days in Ambon, we stayed at Maluku divers. There were at least 5 rhinopias that we saw, don't know anything about Dive into Ambon and we did all of our diving in the bay. For Macro, one of our favorite places.

Bill

December is a great time.

At Dive into Ambon your can dive both the traditional muck sites in Ambon Bay, and the sites out of Ambon Bay. We find a lot of critters out of Ambon Bay that aren't found in it.

December is a great time.

At Dive into Ambon your can dive both the traditional muck sites in Ambon Bay, and the sites out of Ambon Bay. We find a lot of critters out of Ambon Bay that aren't found in it.

We dived with Dive into Ambon in December 2014/January 2015 and they run an excellent operation. I can confirm that December is great time to dive there and that there a lot of critters found outside dive Ambon Bay that cannot be found inside it.

Started a live-aboard trip on the Arenui from Ambon Bay in December 2013. We were delayed a day waiting for a nitrox fix, and ended up doing several dives here. Was amazing for macro. Saw rhinopias. Can't speak to any other area except that one spot.

Not to mention if you can coax someone into taking you Ambon port has one of my favorite wrecks in SS Agulia (Ex Duke of Sparta) sunk by the Americans during Operation Haik in 1958 in their fight against the Commies!

Sponsors

Advertisements