NWDiver

Tiger Beach Recommendation???

Still never seen a Tiger shark so we are thinking of doing Tiger Beach in July/Aug. Know many like Abernathy and clearly is at the top of the list. We have been a little spoiled by higher end liveaboards like the Damai and others. Any other operations people like??? Of course to combine it with dolphins or lemons would be great.

Thanks!

Edited by NWDiver

I was on Dolphin dream few years ago. Very relax in-water operation which I did like very much. No chain mail suit, no force be overweight. Unlimited water time.

http://ejlabs.net

The liveaboards are not like the damai. I would highly recommend Epic Diving. Just went with them in February. The owners are great, and you stay in a nice condo with kitchen etc.. It's about an hour and a half ride out to the site. Would go back with them in a second.

I might also add....you will see more lemons than you want at tiger beach...don't need to go anywhere else for them. Dolphins are in Bimini, where the great hammerheads are January through March. We did a combo tiger and hammerhead trip. Buy insurance, as 3 out of 6 days were called due to high winds.

July/August is not a great time for Tigers. The season runs from September to March. Wetpixel has been using Epic for the last two years and highly recommend them

Thanks for the input. Timing is not ideal but schedules are what they are. The better half has now thrown in an Aggressor trip to Cuba for consideration. Choices...

Epic Diving is the best! Have been with them multiple times to Cat Island and Tiger Beach. I would try to avoid July/August, there are not many tigers around - I have gone in July and been skunked! Epic Diving only runs trips during the right season, so if you go with them, you can be pretty sure you'll have some nice encounters.

Sponsors

Advertisements