Sign in to follow this  
Eyematey

Zoom gear Identification

I have a zoom gear and trying to figure what brand housing it fits. The OD of the gear portion is 82mm and has a pretty much the same tooth design as Nauticam and S&S. Subal perhaps??

Thanks

Steve

The gear has no numbers or lettering, does fit my NIK 12-24 DX with rubber zoom ring on. Similar in size to some Anthis/Nexus gears I have laying around.

post-17891-0-72920100-1461256631_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eyematey
  • Like 1

Somebody in the industry must know the answer, Subal or Nexus? Don't need specifics just what brand it might work with.

Thanks

Steve

It's really hard to say but it does look like a Subal zoom ring

Thank you Tim, I have S&S, Nauticam and some Nexus gears but the OD does not match (except maybe Nexus). Just want to move it along to someone who can use it. Fits my 12-24 Nik perfectly.

Steve

Not that it helps in ID for this part but as a tip, Anytime that I buy a gear of extension, I immediately label it with a sharpie for part # and size.

Not that it helps in ID for this part but as a tip, Anytime that I buy a gear of extension, I immediately label it with a sharpie for part # and size.

Darn good idea! I've got two zoom rings that I no longer use and can't be100% sure what they go with.

It's Subal zoom gear for 14-24 lens. Its have 80 gears and it's fits for housing and port that have bayonet type 3.

Thank you Valadimir, 80 teeth. Fits a 12-24 Nik that I have also.

Steve

It's Subal zoom gear for 14-24 lens. Its have 80 gears and it's fits for housing and port that have bayonet type 3.

You wouldn't know the Subal part number by chance?

Thanks

Steve

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements