AlexDawson

Nikon D500 DX camera first impressions underwater.

I misunderstood u but tried it today , i could pull of a shot using only my right hand but wouldn't want to do a couple after one another, my hand started shaking because of the awkward grip so if your looking at shooting one-handed that would be a problem.

Frank

I misunderstood u but tried it today , i could pull of a shot using only my right hand but wouldn't want to do a couple after one another, my hand started shaking because of the awkward grip so if your looking at shooting one-handed that would be a problem.

Frank

And that's why i keep hoping (and asking) for Nauticam to offer hand-straps on their DSLR housings, just like Subal does, or just like Nauticam themselves do on their Mirorless housing, see this item which i had on my mirorless housing:

http://www.nauticam.com/sproduct.asp?id=12&sid=12&ssid=57

I think it would take your hand pain away, and provide the usual benefits of hand-straps.

I take also this opportunity to ask if anyone knows why their is some sort of buckle/shackle on the steel thing which hold the right handle of the Nauticam housing together with the main housing body, see the picture attached.

Despite attaching a hand-strap, i can't think of other possible needs?

post-22194-0-01521500-1468997561_thumb.jpg

I was using D500 on Cayman Island 3 weeks ago and here is some pics. I use fisheye lens 16mm 2.8D. Camera is absolutely amazing and I love it as I usually not shoot with cropped sensor but this cam I like so much. I use with Subal housing ND500 with TTL inbuilt electronic trigger, small 4" dome port and Sea&Sea strobes YS-D1.

More pics

post-53712-0-72811500-1469089040_thumb.jpg

post-53712-0-28332200-1469089053_thumb.jpg

post-53712-0-14069000-1469089286_thumb.jpg

post-53712-0-34169200-1469089293_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Vladimir,

with 10fps you can do split shots even with a 4" dome :)

Which Dome did you use? Zen? I guess you had no troubles with shooting one hand (and using back button focus)?

Edited by simon87

Congrats Vladimir on the pictures!

Your second wreck picture and the ray are just fantastic!

Great to see your split with 4 inch dome too :-)

And that's why i keep hoping (and asking) for Nauticam to offer hand-straps on their DSLR housings, just like Subal does, or just like Nauticam themselves do on their Mirorless housing, see this item which i had on my mirorless housing:

http://www.nauticam.com/sproduct.asp?id=12&sid=12&ssid=57

I think it would take your hand pain away, and provide the usual benefits of hand-straps.

I take also this opportunity to ask if anyone knows why their is some sort of buckle/shackle on the steel thing which hold the right handle of the Nauticam housing together with the main housing body, see the picture attached.

Despite attaching a hand-strap, i can't think of other possible needs?

I am happy to say my prayers apparently got heard: you can find on Nauticam dealers what seems to be a new hand strap compatible with some housings, including the D500 one!! It goes by:

Hand Strap for 28113 Large Handles (for NA-1DXII, D500, D5, 80D)

Congrats Vladimir on the pictures!

Your second wreck picture and the ray are just fantastic!

Great to see your split with 4 inch dome too :-)

I am happy to say my prayers apparently got heard: you can find on Nauticam dealers what seems to be a new hand strap compatible with some housings, including the D500 one!! It goes by:

Hand Strap for 28113 Large Handles (for NA-1DXII, D500, D5, 80D)

Hi Nicool,

Thats very good news. Thanks for the info.

Sponsors

Advertisements