Sign in to follow this  
chrism

A300 Housing button line up questions........

JUst got the rebel in the housing. Big problems or big user error, and wondered if anyone had similar issues. I've emailed everone I know and the vendor, thought I'd try here too......

I cannot get the camera lined up so that both sides of buttons works. Either the menu side works, or the up/down left/right works, but not both together. In no case does the aperture pin down work.....

Any comments? Am I doing something wrong? Not doing something?????

ANy help is appreciated,m this is very frustrating

Thanks

Chris

There is a very small pin on the black base that need to line up with a hole in the camera bottom before you screw the camera down. The only alignment problem I had was that I needed to put some electical tape on the aperture button since the screw control was not quite long enough.

the aperture knob can be moved up and down. even with the pin on the tray, you can still move the camera (it pivots on the pin and the screw has some play in it) When you get your zoom gear on, it might not mate because of that.

Curtis

Yep, the pin is lined up. Still can't get the buttons to line up. I remember te electrical tape on the aperture button thing, but I think for the price it should work correctly.....

curtis, can't really make heads or tails of what you are suggesting re: aperture pin going up and down and the zoom gear.... this was without the zoom gear.

Chris

Sorry for the confusion, :shock: been on on-call duty for the past few days so brain to finger isn't working all the well.

The control knob (Aperture screw) has two little black caps, one under each other. Check to see if they are there. I took mine apart and almost lost those. The Wheel (Aperture/Speed) knob on top is a good indication if the camera is seated properly in the housing.

Before you tighting those last few 200ft/lbs of torque on the mount, push the camera foward so the top wheel seats on top of the camera's wheel.

Curtis

Ahhh, thanks curtis, and thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it (you too Ben). You all probably know how frustrating it is when the new toys don't work right... Waaaaahhhhh :roll:

OK, one problem is the aperture pn only has one black cap. I will get another/fix that. I did notice that sometimes the jog dial knob doesn't always cleanly move the dial

I'll keep trying....

Chris

The TP solution.......

Placed a small amount of TP inside each black rubber cap, works like a charm. At some point will switch to something longder lasting, i.e., cloth, but for now it all works.

Dumb Question #2 - Macro port has a focus knob.....how do I transfer that power o the lens (Canon 50 mm)...... looks like a sleeve might be required? Or do I have to set the ratio pre dive and live with it (i would doubt that......)?

Chris

The TP solution.......

Dumb Question #2 - Macro port has a focus knob.....how do I transfer that power o the lens (Canon 50 mm)......  looks like a sleeve might be required?  Or do I have to set the ratio pre dive and live with it (i would doubt that......)?

Chris

You have to have the right focus ring to use that. The ring has teeth on the outside that meshes with the gear connected to the focus knob and fits tightly around the focus ring on the lens.

I don't think Aquatica has one for the Canon 50mm.

Shoot autofocus and ignor the knob. It's works fairly well that way for my Sigma 50mm, and should work for the Canon 50mm.

I shoot auto focus with my Canon 100mm Macro as the focus rings wern't ready for one of my trips. (Actually still isn't) it tends to hunt a lot of there's stuff in the water.

The Canon 100mm focus ring is available. I've had it for months. Call your dealer or Aquatica to get it if you want it.

As Herb says I am unsure how much i will use it for the 50mm Sigma but since the USM will go to manual from autofocus by manipulating the focus ring I like the idea of having it. (If I recall right, I have not actually tried it yet)

Chris, I PM'd you but try calling Aquatica to see if they have a suggestion as that just does not sound right. Your difference just sounds like more than camera variance to me.

Chris, I didn't have a focus ring for my 105mm, and it was pretty darn unreliable at depth. Never tried the 60 that way.

I would stick to manual focus if you can come up with a gear.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements