The_Norwegian

Video Editing Software for MAC

Hi,

This is probably an old topic that is being discussed from time to time, but have to ask the question again.

Looking for the "best" video editing software for my mac (macbook PRO 2012).

Currently using iMovie and Gopro Studio, but would like to have some more options with regards to headings, text and color correction. Have been looking at FCP, but it is SOOOO expensive here in Norway (almost $450). Have considered PremierCC, but don´t lover the subscription concept.

Also, would prefer if it was`t too complex.

Any good suggestions out there? Would also be helpful if the program had some tutorials etc..

jb

I use FCPX and it rocks but does cost money. However, it's a flat cost as opposed to a monthly fee for premiere. It's also highly tuned for macs to take advantage of multiple cores.

iMovie would seem to fit your low cost and less complicated use case. If you want more control over text you can purchase plugins to expand the functions in this area.

Premiere is also an option but with a monthly fee. FCPX and premiere offer trial versions. You may want to kick the tires for yourself to help decide.

Another option is to look at the plugins for iMovie to see if they will accomplish what you feel is missing in iMovie. This is probably the cheapest route.

I haven't tried it, but this is an iMovie alternative:

https://www.iskysoft.com/filmora-video-editor-mac.html

IMpvie is very basic but FCPX truly rocks -:) I find more features every time I use it.

Edited by bubffm

Davinci Resolve, it's free and very powerful.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements