Sign in to follow this  
r.m.jackson

Leaking Nauticam LCD window

Just curious -- has anyone else had water leak around the plexiglas LCD window on the back of a Nauticam housing? (The specific one is a Nauticam D7000 housing.)

If so, why, how, and what is the remedy?

Also of note, this occurred immediately after the housing underwent overhaul by the USA dealer, so the o-ring was new.

Thank you.

Hallo,

Had the same problem with a new Nauticam house. I went only snorkeling with it and water entered the housing.

Dealer said this was the first time that they heard about this. Ofcourse got a new housing but as i hear this is not a first.

So even when you get a new housing or repaird housing back get it pressure tested.

Gr

Chris

Chris,

Thanks. Obviously the dealer pressure tested the housing and certified it as "leak-free." So this was a bit unexpected.

Also, it's noteworthy that the "new" Nauticam o-ring fractured as I attempted to reseat the plexiglas LCD window.

This seems like a design flaw complicated by o-ring material failure, perhaps due to a manufacturing flaw or use of an inappropriate lubricant.

Bob

I have had a similar issue where droplets of water would form inside the LCD window. Really not sure how and why that happened. Maybe the camera was not handled properly when passing on to the boat or maybe while traveling( i always carry it as cabin luggage in my haversack). There was no discernible crack but water was getting in, albeit at a very slow rate. i sent the housing (Nauticam for Canon7D) to the dealer and Nauticam Replaced the LCD plexiglass. Post that no issues.

Diggy

Edited by diggy

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements