Sign in to follow this  
DarktidePhoto

Ikelite Dome and the Tamron 15-30mm

Hi I was wondering if anyone has used this combo yet? Im looking at using this combo on my Nikon DSLR this year but have heard it wont fit in the dome port, if any has used it or know anything please let me know. I contacted Ikellite and they said something about a new system coming out or is out ( Didnt really understand) that people are using the new Canon 11-24mm in and the tamron is about the same size as that lens.

thank you

That will be nice as that Tamron is an awesome lens. Ikelite do tend not to be very informative about this subject. There are a couple of lenses which they say are not compatible with their systems but people went around very easily namely the Canon 16-35 F2.8 and the Sigma 17-70 OS HSM. The letter works perfectly if you just attach a couple of Velcro to the focus ring included in the housing and the port used is the same one used for the non OS HSM lens.

Frankly I found Velcro to be a better in some cases than the spring sleeves they provide. I found it more practical at times.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements