Sign in to follow this  
Anders Nyberg

Swimming with whales in Azores?

will go to the Azores in September. a few days shark diving, swimming with dolphins and whale watching.

To enter the water with whales you need a special permit that costs 600 EUR. the question is whether it's worth it?

has anyone some experience?

To enter the water with whales you need a special permit that costs 600 EUR.

Edited by Anders Nyberg

So now they’ve just straight out offered you a permit for a price? So much for permit application vs just paying to get that privilege.

But yes, if you get lucky and have cetaceans which are playful, it can be awesome. Depends on your luck. I’ve had blown out days, bad days and unhappy animals that just run from anything human!

So now they’ve just straight out offered you a permit for a price? So much for permit application vs just paying to get that privilege.

But yes, if you get lucky and have cetaceans which are playful, it can be awesome. Depends on your luck. I’ve had blown out days, bad days and unhappy animals that just run from anything human!

Hi

I went to Azores in September and they don't just give away permit for a price, the animals are protected and thats really good I think. Had some really great diving and lot of opportunity to photograph sharks and mobulas. Did see lot of whales at the surface and we did not go near them for just the reason to protect them :)

So that information that I was telling about at first time was wrong ;), feel free to see my pictures from Azores in attached link

http://www.worldoceanphoto.com/the-azores-1

Hi, I know this post has kinda closed but am heading to Azores in early September. I have a few questions if you dont mind.

-What was water temp and what mm wet suit did you go for?

I have a wide angle set up. would it be worth taking macro set up also?

-What dive shop did you dive with?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Kevin

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements