Griff

Panasonic GH5

Some specs on m43 rumors but probably fake so I removed picture but feel free to check out your self.

Edited by Griff

Apparently specs from trusted source but video was fake and removed. If these specs become reality could be very interesting.

post-50926-0-33165300-1472654497_thumb.png

• Like 1

Lets hope the specs are true and Panasonic get one to Nauticam pronto and someone posts both still and video samples for us to look at while we wait for the early adopters/beta testers to find any glitches. I really think internal 10bit 422 is a major step forward.

Lets hope the specs are true and Panasonic get one to Nauticam pronto and someone posts both still and video samples for us to look at while we wait for the early adopters/beta testers to find any glitches. I really think internal 10bit 422 is a major step forward.

Body form factor should be the same as GH4 so we can use our existing NA-GH4 housing.

However if history repeats itself: GH1/GH2 was more or less the same, and so was GH3/GH4, so probably something new for GH5/GH6.

Guess we should know more in 2 weeks. Panasonic press conference at Photokina is Sept 19.

I'm must say that possibility of 10 bit 4:2:2 color space codec, full frame 4K readout and IBIS sounds fantastic.

One more thing, the specs seems to indicate that the multi aspect sensor of the GH2 is back. Your wide angle shoots will be wider than ever before!

Tomorrow is announcement day of the rumored GH5 pre-announcement (the camera is not likely to be available until 2017).

www.panasonic.de

One of Photokina backstage rumors/leaks is that main LSIs in Panasonic GH5 and new Olympus are very very close :-).

• Both include dual cards support, but with only one being UHS-II.
  • Both support 422 10-bit video, but Olympus got LSI with agreement to restrict it to HDMI output.
  • Both cameras will have impressive burst performance.
  • LSI supports new sensor based 5-axis stabilization algorithms (it means that it has necessary outputs to all coils and things). Will be strange to not see it in flagman. Stabilization algorithms sharing was one of points in new agreement rounds (long time ago).
  • GH5 sensor will be custom.
  • Some quiet talks are also about special film like filters ala Fujifilm.

P.S. One of the talks is that new G80/85 shares almost same LSI with GH5 but restricted.

From what I can see and the previous rumours everything points to the conclution that the "multi aspect ratio" sensor will be back (last used in the GH2).

The let down seem to be the missing internal flash. Will make TTL flash sync more difficult I guess.

rchr7.png

Deleted previous entry.

Edited by EspenB

From what I can see and the previous rumours everything points to the conclution that the "multi aspect ratio" sensor will be back (last used in the GH2).

The let down seem to be the missing internal flash. Will make TTL flash sync more difficult I guess.

hmm that's teh one thing I've missed...after you have pointed it out indeed I cannot see the flash on teh show model

well I guess we will all have to add another 200 bucks to the cost of housing, to spend it on Nauticam flash trigger...yaaay us :D

Sponsors

Advertisements