Sign in to follow this  
Mostafa Shams

D7200 or .... Sony CyperShot RX100?

Hello Guys ...

i am planning to get a D7200 with Ikelite housing

but i came into stunning photos Of Sony Rx100 ?!!!

where i saw Macro Photos along with normal photos

kind of similar to 105mm macro and 10-17mm tokina

i am reconsidering the Options here as a tremendous drop in ikelite housing prices
$1800 for D7200 to around $475 for Sony Cypershot ?

What are the pros and Cons for choosing a D7200 Over a Compact Sony RX100 ?

Hi Mostafa

I'd suggest you are trying to compare apples and oranges.

The Nikon D7200 is an SLR with all that brings: you can chose lenses, you have TTL viewing, much more precise touch and feel; it's bigger, more expensive but just more flexible and, I would argue, capable. The Sony is a compact camera - fixed lens, not TTL for focussing etc, lighter weight, maybe cheaper but just not as flexible.

Don't be fooled by stunning pics - especially if they are produced for advertising......

Maybe before you splash the cash you need to be clear what you really want: largish, highly capable, flexible set up - the Nikon; or something smaller, lighter, maybe cheaper, less flexible and, I'd argue, less capable - the Sony.

It's the guy behind the lens that produces the great pics. Not just the camera.

It's all about you. You can take fantastic pictures with almost any camera, but some have better native capability in certain areas. The RX is going to be smaller, lighter and more versatile as well as cheaper. It will take nice pictures and terrific video. If you want to shoot macro with it, you will have to add a wet macro lens. Your wide angle won't be as wide as a D7200 with a fisheye. You won't have as many choices in terms of specialty shots, such as sun bursts, over/unders. Your F-stop range will be limited and your autofocus will be slower. OTOH, you'll switch seamlessly between photo and video. You'll be able to shoot standard and wide in a single dive. You'll be able to pack all your photo gear in one carry-on bag. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements