dutch

Dome options for Olympus 8mm???

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has used both of these and how they rate them? Im looking at buying the Olympus 8mm f1.8 and my two options for the dome are the Zen 170mm or the Nauticam 140mm. How do these compare and are there any others that work with the 8mm?? Id like a slightly bigger port so i can do some over/under shots.

I currently use the Olympus 9-18mm as well, so if I could fit that in as well that would be a bonus.

Then get the 7-14 mm in the 180 mm glas dome. Superior for split shoots.

Then get the 7-14 mm in the 180 mm glas dome. Superior for split shoots.

I was considering this until I learned the 180mm Dome $1050 + N85 to N120 port adaptor $420 + zoom gears $200 +$175 = $1.8K? on top of the $1300 lens.

I was considering this until I learned the 180mm Dome $1050 + N85 to N120 port adaptor $420 + zoom gears $200 +$175 = $1.8K? on top of the $1300 lens.

I know. I have it all. ;-)

For the 8 mm:

36056 175,-

36617 180,-

36048 900,-

Total 1255,- I also have that. :-p

If you exclude the ability to zoom the difference is 1255 vs 1600. But as I said the 180 mm is far easier for over/under shoots. But the 140 mm also improves much over the smaller plexiglass versions which are almost impossible to use in that regard.

I use this 170mm dome for my 12-40 and 7-14 PRO lenses with my E-M1 and Oly housing:

http://www.divervision.com/inon-dome-port-olympus-with-protector-ii-set-for-zuiko-digital-ed-8mm-f3.5-fisheye-456212143338.html

It's much cheaper. With those two lenses, I also have to use a 2" extension ring, which will run you another couple hundred bucks. I haven't tested it in the water, but that port also works with the 8mm PRO if you remove the extension.

This dome port was designed for use with the old Oly E-volt systems; I don't know if there's an adapter to mount it up to the Nauticam housings (I assume there is). If you're shooting an E-M5 or E-M1 you could buy an Oly housing, Inon dome, port adapter, zoom gear, and extension ring for pretty close to the $1800 noted above.

• Like 1

I have the E-M1 with Oly PT-EP11 housing / Oly PAD-EP08 E-port adapter / PPO-E04 glass dome port (~176mm). Also, if you want to use the Oly 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, you just add the Oly PER-E01 extension ring!

Used them recently on a trip to Bonaire and was quite happy.

My 2 cents...

Kent

I use this 170mm dome for my 12-40 and 7-14 PRO lenses with my E-M1 and Oly housing:

http://www.divervision.com/inon-dome-port-olympus-with-protector-ii-set-for-zuiko-digital-ed-8mm-f3.5-fisheye-456212143338.html

It's much cheaper. With those two lenses, I also have to use a 2" extension ring, which will run you another couple hundred bucks. I haven't tested it in the water, but that port also works with the 8mm PRO if you remove the extension.

This dome port was designed for use with the old Oly E-volt systems; I don't know if there's an adapter to mount it up to the Nauticam housings (I assume there is). If you're shooting an E-M5 or E-M1 you could buy an Oly housing, Inon dome, port adapter, zoom gear, and extension ring for pretty close to the $1800 noted above.

Hi Wapiti,

Thanks, this is just the info i need as Im going to start using my Oly 7-14mm F2.8 underwater, but just to confirm, when you mentioned the 2" extension ring, is it the olympus PER-01 or PER-02 ? Thanks !

Sponsors

Advertisements