Sign in to follow this  
haring

Canon 1dx and 1dx II idenitcal bodies? Can I keep my old Canon 1dx housing?

I have a Canon 1dx.

Canon 1dx and 1dx II look like 99% identical from outside.

My question is whether I can keep my old Canon 1dx housing and fit the new Canon 1dx Mark II in it....?

Has anybody tired this?

Thanks!

The bodies are actually quite different in height with the new built in GPS module so to my knowledge it will not fit. I had to buy a new housing for my MK II

I see! Did you actually try to fit the new mark II into the old one or you are just guessing....

Thanks so much for helping!

I have both cameras as well as a Seacam 1Dx housing. I removed the internal contact parts of the 3 controls on the back that have changed and was able to fit the 1Dx2 into the housing and also able to dry fire it (i.e. indoors). I do not recall absolutely if I plugged in the flash synch do-dad (the gizmo that slides into the hot-shoe) or not as it was several months ago. I am waiting to see what is different about the new Seacam housing - probably will be shown at DEMA as it may be out already.

The Aquatica Digital housing for the 1DC/1DX version 1 will fit the 1DXII with an update to the housing back for the stills/video button near the viewfinder, also the 1DXII housing dedicated to the 1DXII comes with the vacuum valve free ( $350 value) :-)) DeeDee

I have both cameras as well as a Seacam 1Dx housing. I removed the internal contact parts of the 3 controls on the back that have changed and was able to fit the 1Dx2 into the housing and also able to dry fire it (i.e. indoors). I do not recall absolutely if I plugged in the flash synch do-dad (the gizmo that slides into the hot-shoe) or not as it was several months ago. I am waiting to see what is different about the new Seacam housing - probably will be shown at DEMA as it may be out already.

Hey Tom!

Do you have any update on this? Have you tried to used the mark II in the old Mark I housing under water? Any issues?

Thanks so much!

The Aquatica Digital housing for the 1DC/1DX version 1 will fit the 1DXII with an update to the housing back for the stills/video button near the viewfinder, also the 1DXII housing dedicated to the 1DXII comes with the vacuum valve free ( $350 value) :-)) DeeDee

Hey DeeDee!

Have you tried it under water? Any issues?

Thanks!!!

Hey Tom!

Do you have any update on this? Have you tried to used the mark II in the old Mark I housing under water? Any issues?

Thanks so much!

Not yet. It is now extremely cold - Alaska is one big popsicle. I have received a replacement part - the contact piece for the joystick - from Seacam. It fits around the 4 fingers that stick up in the new style joystick. I may have to remove the live view connection - this is something I do not use. I have shot video with the MkII but set up the camera to use the shutter release button so do not mess with the LV button. I may be able to get away with just removing the rubber contact piece for the card selection button (to the left of the tiny LCD at the bottom of the camera rear).

Not yet. It is now extremely cold - Alaska is one big popsicle. I have received a replacement part - the contact piece for the joystick - from Seacam. It fits around the 4 fingers that stick up in the new style joystick. I may have to remove the live view connection - this is something I do not use. I have shot video with the MkII but set up the camera to use the shutter release button so do not mess with the LV button. I may be able to get away with just removing the rubber contact piece for the card selection button (to the left of the tiny LCD at the bottom of the camera rear).

I see! Take your time! :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements