Hmm, my Lowepro Photo Trekker AW is loaded with the following when I go on trips...diving or otherwise:

Canon 5d and 10d

Sigma 15mm FE

EF 16-35L

EF 28-105 f3.5-4

EF 50mm F2.5 Macro

EF 100mm F2.8 USM Macro

EF 100-400L

Tamron SP 1.4 TC (same as the Kenko 1.4 Pro)

I may add the 70-200 f4L (non-IS) but do dream of the 500f4L too! :)

Stu

The 1.4x fits on the 300 and the 135

The 135mm is said to work very well with both the 1.4x and 2x teleconverters. The latter would give you a 270mm F4.0 and could make the heavy 300mm F4 redundant.

Bart

Hi Folks!

Interesting thread ... but I am still in the dark on my choice:

My gear: Nikon D200, Aquatica housing

I will be going to the US in 2 weeks and I do not have any UW lense yet. My budget allows 2 lenses and I was thinking about the following ones:

1) 60mm Macro

2) 105mm Macro

3) Sigma 10-20mm

4) Tokina 10-17mm FE

Option (1) is very certain, as I am quite a bit into macro and the water here in Norway gives plenty of small stuff. Unfortunately I do not have experience with any of these lenses. Most of you talk about the 60mm as the absolute standard lense which gets plenty of use for fish portrait and medium size critters. But what is medium size really? Is it worth to invest into the 105mm macro then to go smaller?

Ok, to add complexity to this whole topic: I will be going to Egypt for the wreck tour in November. So a wide angle should be in my bag. Then, option (3) or (4). Many comment the fish eyes as very hard to use for beginners, which I am. Is option (3) then the better choice to start with?

As I said, I can only affort 2 lenses right now. Ultimately I think I will go for all of the ones I mentioned. But htat will take some time.

Hope anyone has some tip for me

Cheers, Wolfgang

a great job of camouflaging the tell-tale bumps and bulges of a bag full of camera gear

Anyone thought to try the sigma 8-16 in place of the sigma 10-20? i have tried it on land and i am impressed - think it would make a good UW lens.

What do you think of the Cotton Carrier StrapShot?

This looks like the PERFECT solution for when I want to go for a hike or carry my camera backpack with my full kit...BUT have my camera out and ready for access to get those once-in-a-lifetime shots.

I was looking at getting the Capture Clip before what I like about the Cotton Carrier StrapShot is that I can take the camera out with one hand. It's another good thing that they have a safety tether in case my hands are slippery. (Gets humid here.)

Anyway, will find out next month when mine arrives. Placed a pre-order to save $20 and got free shipping!!!

What do you guys think about the StrapShot?"

Has anybody used the 14mm Canon 2.8 prime lens for UW photography? Any samples?

Hi everyone..

Sorry for being the 'New Guy' jumping in with a question right off the bat!

I have a favour to ask anyone shooting Canon DSLR in an Aquatica housing, I need a measurement (mm) from the front of the camera lens bayonet (silver metal part) to the front of the housing port bayonet (the flat face your port sits flush against).

I am a long time underwater DOP here in Australia and I build a heap of my own custom housings for RED, 3D and other oddball cameras. I am experimenting with a few off the shelf port options with one of my creations (happy to post photos as I move along).

I am on MKIII of my RED housings, building this one specifically for the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye which I love the look of underwater.

If anyone can help please let me know..

Thanks in advance.

Dean Cropp

www.accessallangles.com

Sponsors

Advertisements