Barry C

Cozumel Undersea World In 3D- An Underwater 3D Channel Film

This 3D film was shot off Cozumel over a 7 day period in July for the Underwater 3D Channel and was done almost entirely with a Gopro Dual Hero.

Tell us about the Underwater 3D Channel.

Tell us about the Underwater 3D Channel.

The Underwater 3D Channel is a channel I started a handful of years ago which is primarily dedicated to, as the name would imply, to underwater 3D films. I also will at times put 2D versions on as well as I realize that we 3D lovers are sort of a rare breed and many people don't have 3D capability. Occasionally, I have also put non underwater films on the channel, but this is rare. I now have other linked channels for the other types of films I make, some 3D and some not- the most recent being: By Sunlight, By Moonlight, By Starlight (2D 4K), on the linked Yosemite Channel. I don't monetize the channels but do it as a labor of love for the art-form. A few films do have adds as that was the trade off to the copyright holder for using their music.

I've always loved 3D and got my first 3D camera- a 35mm Realist- in the early 1970s. In the 90s, I did some medium format pro work using the lenticular 3D still format. I have a professional background in various forms of photography including studio- non video- special effects, wildlife photography, digital wildlife fantasy art for posters, gallery prints, calendars, collector plates, etc. I am now happily retired and enjoy spending my time making films for fun and being a full time dad to my teenage son who dives and travels with me when we make our Yosemite & outdoor films.

Edited by Barry C

Sponsors

Advertisements