mcliffy2

GoPro Karma v. DJI Mavic - opinions from the perspective of the underwater photographer

I've got a Phantom 3 Standard and only had it for a short time, brought it with the intention of shooting aerials out over the reef to compliment the daily dive footage I shoot for customers that are on our resort boat... A little more flying practice and I'll bring it out just nervous about launching it off a boat and landing it back on it with a boat full of guest's on board too :D

https://vimeo.com/207546222

Some nice shots you've got. Especially the sunset :)

I always wanted to link the top part of planet earth with the under. I feel it'll give more meaning to the viewer. But haven't got time to learn an new tool :(

Some nice shots you've got. Especially the sunset :)

I always wanted to link the top part of planet earth with the under. I feel it'll give more meaning to the viewer. But haven't got time to learn an new tool :(

Thanks ! still super new to flying drones myself, this is probably the 10th actual flight I've done with it. I've found that just flying in straight lines works best, as the footage ends up looking quite average if you make movements too sudden. I'm still trying to master slight pans and adjustments which I guess once you get better at you can begin to combine with the straight flying! I'd say is quite a quick learning curve so don't let that set you back from buying one :)

Edited by T.Reid

Sponsors

Advertisements