Sign in to follow this  
Akulamd

Diving with kids in Caribbean

After years of traveling to dive destinations as a couple my wife and I are planning to take our kids to Caribbean next April. We have a 13 y.o. girl and 11 y.o. twins. They are all PADI certified and have about 15 dives logged. Do you folks have any recommendations regarding the dive resorts that cater to families? What Caribbean destination, you think provides the best weather conditions consistently in spring? All advice is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I'd agree with Tom

Last time I was there, a couple of years ago now, there was a program for kids running during the day. Lots of very easy diving for kids and, for mum n'dad, very easy to join in or do you own dive not far away. And they have a pool.

The only thing that did strike us, was that we thought the accommodation had "seen better days": all a bit tired. (that's based on having a ground floor, garden apartment with kitchen); and the vehicle we had (from Buddy), the usual pick-up, was a rust bucket.

With kids diving I'd rule out Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, BVI, Anguilla and Antigua.

Thank you very much for advice. We have booked with the Buddy Dive and I will report on the trip.

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements