Sign in to follow this  
haring

Performance of Sigma 12-24mm ART underwater?

Are there any news about how the new Sigma 12-24mm Art lens performs underwater?

It looks like a great winner above water....

Thanks!

I guess this is such a new lens that nobody has tried it yet....

I think that the issue is more that many very good land lenses do not work well behind dome ports. Having very wide apertures is not useful for most underwater applications as there is insufficient depth of field to keep the corners of the image sharp.

For example, the Nikon 16-35 f4 actually outperforms the 14-24 f2.8 behind dome!

It is further confused by the various sensor sizes that are available. What works on a cropped sensor camera may not work on a full frame and voice versa.

Saying all that, I am sure someone will get the Sigma behind a dome port soon!

All the best

Adam

I guess this is such a new lens that nobody has tried it yet....

It has a large diameter which makes a quick test with a rented unit not possible for many. One needs a port with a large throat diameter as well as a large radius of curvature (superdome class). That said I am very curious about its performance as well ;->>

I'm also interested to hear about this one, and would LOVE to see a side by side with the Canon 11-24.

• Like 1

I'm also interested to hear about this one, and would LOVE to see a side by side with the Canon 11-24.

Ditto here!!! And Aloha! - I am currently right next door on the Big Island.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements