Sign in to follow this  
kc_moses

Bahama + Drone = Booo!!!!

Well, one of my dive buddies just got back from Bahama (Tiger Beach), she told me one of the people in the group tried to bring in drone, Bahama custom wanted to charge him $300 for it, the person ended up leave the drone with the custom, and pick it up after the dive trip when leave the country.

Here is the regulation:

http://www.bahamasfilm.com/

Does anyone know of any similar law and regulation for Mexico?

Edited by kc_moses

I went to Cancun, Mexico city and Los Cabos last year with my DJI Phantom 2, no problem.

Thanks kkfok, I'm going to Socorro next May, I think you shot video there and was using the LX100, right? Any tips about shooting in those area? (sea condition, wind etc). I will be on board of Solmar V liveaboard.

Went there twice once in February and once in January. Saw lots of silvertips and dolphins in January, lots of hammerheads, manta rays and whale sharks in February.

Didn't get to Roca Partida in my February trip due to wind, a big disappointment for me as it is the prime area for humpback whales and calves. I heard that the sea can be very choppy in May, in return it is the time for sharks.

I informed the liveaboard that I want to shoot with a drone in advance, had to inform the captain everytime I shot with it. I was not allowed to shoot in Socorro Island due to the military base there.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements