4K 8Bit 420 Internally (at 60fps)

6K Photo Mode (Burst)

3.3Mil dots OLED EVF

2 SDXC cards slots

Full size HDMI

180FPS SlowMo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, there goes any chance of our NA-GH3 or NA-GH4's of being of any use with the GH5..

More dosh to Nauticam then...

5a8c57ecfb603e9c3baad90faff8c321.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, there are to many subtle changes both at the rear and the top to make existing GH4 housings usuable.

Still most buttons are the same function only slightly shifted in placement and design.

Also it's a shame that the built in flash is gone.

• Like 1

On first look, I thought they would be sort of similar. But you're right. It's way way too different to fit.

There is also a new button on the front besides the lens now. I wonder what's that for. One Touch WB? (Like the original E-1 had?)

As to the flash. That's gonna be a right pain. I can see me keeping my GH4 for stills and converting it to a photo only rig with a strobe.

Edited by thetrickster

To bad there are no frontal pictures without lens attached. Would like to see the sensor aspect ratio!

I'm using a GH4 for video in an Ikelite housing. Not being as compact as the alloy housings makes the Ikes a bit more roomy internally. If the GH5 is pretty much the same size as the GH4, I reckon the Ike controls could be modified to make it work, at least for video.

• Like 1

Casbba. Fingers crossed for you! That would be awesome.

Is there any release date for this?

Its being revealed today (10am at CES)

From the rumours it will be available to pre-order today (from Amazon, BHPhoto, etc etc) - with release beginning of March.

Hi Espen,

New year, new resolutions and the brand new LUMIX GH5.

You heard all about the development of the GH5 at Photokina last year, and now the newest addition to the successful LUMIX GH family has arrived.

The GH5 is the world's first mirrorless camera that meets professional quality standards and delivers the high-end, hybrid performance you are looking for. Create stunning videos in 4K 60p/50p and take advantage of the internal 4:2:2 / 10-bit video recording, that gives you colour subsampling commonly used for film production. And as the first LUMIX camera with dual SD Card slots, you have more flexibile recording options for your professional needs.

The GH5 will also take picture quality to a higher level with the new Digital LIVE MOS Sensor that has an even greater pixel count than the GH4 (20.3mp vs 16.05mp) while also removing the low pass filter.

Excited yet? Click the button below to visit the website and find out more about the GH5.

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/cameras-camcorders/lumix-g-compact-system-cameras/dc-gh5.html

The rumoured return on the multi aspect ratio sensor from the GH1/GH2 past was not correct.

But at least 4K is now using the full width of the sensor.

Edited by EspenB

Looks like the GH5 is a bit larger than the GH4, so could be problematic adapting a GH4 Ike housing to take it. I'd need to get my hands on one first so don't think I'll be rushing in at this stage.

post-24764-0-85233200-1483675911_thumb.jpg

725 grams? That's a hefty body indeed!

Yup, especially considering they removed the flash part too and the battery is the same.

Can't wait to get it underwater!

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements