balexandrescu

Nauticam E-M1 Mark II?

Has anyone gotten any indication how far away the Nauticam E-M1 Mark II housing is from being available? I've got an upcoming trip in a little over a month and I'm getting pretty nervous about being able to pick one up beforehand. :-(

All I've heard thus far is that "they're working on it."

I have pre-ordered the housing- I was told the first housings should be shipping before the end of the month. if you want this housing- I would suggest pre-ordering it - it will depend where you are on the pre-order list and how popular the housing is.

I pre-ordered from Reef Photo - most places that sell housings would probably be accepting pre-orders

I saw the prototype last Weekend on the boat Show in Düsseldorf.

It is a bit bigger, what should be good for the bouyancy.

I suggested, that they try to relocate the Electronics and the cabels away from the bottom of the backdoor.

What will be new is, that vakuusystem can be turned of without opening the housing.

Also a second hole for spareparts like HDMI, Flash will be on the housing.

The BOOT show photos of the new E-M1 mkII housing (front and rear of the housing have been shared on my Facebook page, (Phil Rudin) if you have an account and are interested. I am sure we will be seeing more new photos being posted soon.

I am anxious to see the dimensions of the housing so I can begin thinking about any luggage adjustments that will be required. The new housing has to be substantially taller to accommodate that new flash. I have pre-ordered the housing but was not one of the first, so I don't expect to see mine until late February or March. That new macro-wide port looks interesting. I am looking forward to hearing more about it as well.

Just got the notification that my Em1 M2 Nauticam housing shipped today! Can't wait to get it.

I received my housing on Friday - very nice! It still seems nice and compact - I don't have my Em1 housing to compare it to but from the top of the cold shoe to the bottom of the housing is about 7 inches. A couple of improvements - there is a spot on the top left back corner that you can use for the vacuum- it angles slightly down so it will be a bit easier to vacuum once the focus light and strobes are attached. The front shutter lever is different than Em1 housing - should make it easier to use- especially if using the back lever to focus.

The camera does fit into the housing with the standard flash that comes with the camera.

There are a number of other improvements but as always Nauticam has done a great job with this housing. The price of the housing is only $50 more than previous model - which makes the housing less than the camera.

Audrey

post-20140-0-18083900-1486318509_thumb.jpg

post-20140-0-78789200-1486318516_thumb.jpg

post-20140-0-28816500-1486318522_thumb.jpg

post-20140-0-14074700-1486318650_thumb.jpg

Edited by audsred

I have one now as of Feb. 04. I am transitioning from an EM-5 with Nauticam housing. Unfortunately although I have a 45 degree viewfinder for the EM-5, it is a DSLR viewfinder. I now need to purchase a Micro 4/3rds viewfinder for the EM-1 mark 2 housing. $$$$$. I absolutely need a viewfinder due to my age/eyesight. No time for alternatives prior to March trip to Indo/Pacific. I would like the LED strobe trigger as well but no stock yet.

Anyone interested in a good EM-5 Nauticam set up with two EM-5 bodies, electronic strobe sync cable (preserves battery life), 5 camera batteries, and vacuum check valve;-)

Hi Jasdivr,

You would probably get more interest in you gear if you listed it in the classifieds. :)

yes i know just venting some frustration as I had not anticipated this wrinkle. will have to do that when I get back from my trip. Or I could take the EM5 along and have an underwater sherpa ready as a wide angle set up;-)

Sponsors

Advertisements