Sign in to follow this  
bubffm

Diving Remote Indonesia - from Wetar to Serua

I thought before heading of to our next trip (Southern Atoll, Maldives) its time to get some footage out on the last one.

This is from some of the truly remote areas of Indonesia, the Wetar to Serua portion of our crossing of the Banda Sea from Alor to Ambon last October. Still fiddling with the grading. Even Color Finale Pro in FCPX has its limits... Might move to Davinci after all....

• Like 4

I thought before heading of to our next trip (Southern Atoll, Maldives) its time to get some footage out on the last one.

This is from some of the truly remote areas of Indonesia, the Wetar to Serua portion of our crossing of the Banda Sea from Alor to Ambon last October. Still fiddling with the grading. Even Color Finale Pro in FCPX has its limits... Might move to Davinci after all....

Hi Bubffm:

Very nice. Very impressive. Did you like the liveaboard? We are planning our next trip to Indonesia and I would love to get some recommendations on liveaboards.

Thanks much!

Hi Bubffm:

Very nice. Very impressive. Did you like the liveaboard? We are planning our next trip to Indonesia and I would love to get some recommendations on liveaboards.

Thanks much!

Hi Paul,

thanks for your comment. Yes the boat we used is very nice - but its private charter only ie has not got scheduled trips were you book a single cabin. If you go on your first liveaboard adventure I'd recommend to try out a tour that does not involve such extensive amount of cruising like that crossing of the Banda Sea, which is a 800 nautical miles trip and can be pretty bumpy. If you have not done Komodo, that might be a good one to start with.

There a re lots of operators, boats of larger operators such as Siren or Aggressor and more "boutique" type operators like The Arenui and others. There are also some resorts that operate their own liveaboard, Like the "Pelagic" operated by the Wakatobi Dive Resort. We've been on Siren before and will have another trip with them in the Philippines coming up in April. We have also been on the Pelagic, which has also been ok - but not our greatest experience.

You also need to decide whether you prefer a classic Phinisi-style wooden boat or a metal vessel. Wooden boats are slower and more prone to movement but we prefer them as they are more "romantic" and provide a more "authentic" experience. Others may have different preferences. So, hard to give a solid recommendation without knowing your taste / budget / preferences etc. But if you browse a bit and maybe read some customer reports on Scubaboard and dive magazines you will sure find your best fit.

Also happy to provide more insight via PM if you wish. Feel free to ping me.

Good luck

Burkhard

Edited by bubffm

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements