Jason_D

Advice for a beginner?

Hey Jason

I'm not sure if this has come up before or not, but a couple of very good books that it might be worth borrowing/buying, if you can, which will help:

Alex Mustard's "Underwater Photography Masterclass"

Martin Edge's "The Underwater Photographer"

Andre and Antonella Ferrari's "The Art of Underwater Photography"

Hi Jason,

If your strobes have variable power settings i would recommend using those along with manual adjustment of Shutter, Aperture, ISO instead of getting a TTL converter. Depending on the subject color and background TTL may not always give you great results. Also it may not work for getting dark backgrounds. Sometimes images look better with the light being a little under. Just my two bits FWIW :-)

Diggy

Thanks Diggy,

I usually leave my strobe on minimum power and adjust the camera setting to suit. Now i know how to get the black background i will try it when i get the new housing and 2nd strobe.

I see you're from Mumbai. Whats the diving like there? I'll be in Mumbai for 5 or 6 days in April, do you have any recommendations of where to dive while I'm there?

Hey Jason

I'm not sure if this has come up before or not, but a couple of very good books that it might be worth borrowing/buying, if you can, which will help:

Alex Mustard's "Underwater Photography Masterclass"

Martin Edge's "The Underwater Photographer"

Andre and Antonella Ferrari's "The Art of Underwater Photography"

Thanks Tim, I'll look into aquiring them

Sponsors

Advertisements