asthecrowflys

Camera Insurance Advice

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company? I have just taken delivery of my new set up, Olympus OM D E 1 MII, Nauticam housing, strobe etc. and taking it out today for a first try. I have only used compact without housing until today!

I am not a DAN member so their insurance is not really an option. How do you use? Value in total is about 7K.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Hi

Try Divemaster Insurance in the U.K. . I used them for a few years and they offered very good customer service. I never had to make a claim (phew!) so can't say what they're like at paying out.

Be warned though, it's not cheap......

Your house contents insurance might also be able to offer options.

If in North America you should check with your insurance agent to determine if the camera gear is already covered by your home owners (or tenants) insurance policy as part of your home contents (personal property coverage).

When you own a house your home insurance policy typically covers both the building and your personal possessions (furniture, dishes, socks, shoes, underwear, toothbrush, etc...).

All of my "sports" gear is covered by my home owners insurance. No extra insurance is required.

Talk to your insurance agent.

• Like 1

Just returned from Florida with new camera set up and took the Home Insurance advice. I added 7k's worth of kit, with the camera and housing listed separately as they have a value each of over £1500, for an additional monthly premium of only £3.00 per month.

I thought that was a bargain, thanks for the advice.

Craig

Sponsors

Advertisements