Sign in to follow this  
Susa

Questions to Sea&Sea ys d2

Hi all,

I read the f.. manual but don't understand the difference between DS-TTL and DS-TTL 2. In the german manual they talk also about a TTL and a SLAVE TTL as a different modus to DS-TTL and DS-TTL 2. Also when I try it out underwater I get almost the same results for different modes. I'm not really happy with most results after it seems for me like it is every time different even when the conditions are the same.

My camera is a Sony rx100 III with Aqcuapazza house. Using a fiber optic cable.

How do i now if my Sony has a pre-flash (Vorblitz?) It is not written in my manual...

What would be the optimized solution for me? Could it be with to by some further equipment?

Sorry for my english and many thanks to all who can support ...

LG

Susanne

Hi Susanne,
you dont need further equipment.
My girl friend is using a RX100 mk1 in a Recsea housing with a fiber wire to a Inon Z240 strobe.
Dont know the S&S D2 protokols, but there should be a preflash and a non preflash mode.
And a option for manual mode.
I prefer the last one, but that needs some practise..
My girl friend is using it now as well. was a short time of try and error..

For further info you can mail me in german.

Regards,
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

many thanks!

Do you know if my RS100 III has a pre flash, or were I can find this information??

LG

Susanne

Have you tried taking a picture of the strobe? Put the camera in the housing and face the strobe directly at the camera, link up with the fibre optic cable sit to the side so you can see what the flash does... Is it just a single flash? Look at the image you have taken and it should show a bright flash. If it does then it is set up right. If not try on the other settings until it does.

It may also be worth trying it on the manual settings if your not happy with the TTL.

I know it can be frustrating at times but play around with it in a dark room so you know it is working properly.

Hello Suzanne

I'm using an RX100 Mk II and I can confirm you that it has always a pre-flash...even in manual mode! I would suspect that it is the same for your MkIII.

I considered buying a YS-D2 to replace my YS-90DX but I finally choose an INON Z240 Type 4, so from my reading of the YS-D2 manual, my understanding is that DS-TTL II is the new name for the DS-TTL(probably new features were added on from the DS-TTL mentioned in the YS-01 manual). These are not two different modes on your strobe.

If I were you I would follow Hellhole advice and go Manual. Set your strobe on M (with the two lightning bolts, indicating pre-flash) and your RX100 MkIII on manual. With a bit of experimentation with the settings (both on your flash ad strobe) you will achieve the exposure you are seeking.

Clément

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements