world.explorer

WTB: Nauticam M14 Offset Connector Extension Valve with Vacuum Valve #25059

Hello,

I am searching for the Nauticam M14 Offset Connector Extension Valve with Vacuum Valve ( Nauticam number #25059)

Willing to buy or swap against regular Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve.

Thank you very much for any hints or offers.

post-50865-0-06184000-1488460268_thumb.jpg

post-50865-0-32295100-1488460273_thumb.jpg

silly question as somehow cannot grasp it :D

...what is the difference i.e. what are advantages of such offset valve ?

curious as thinking about getting one so trying to decide which ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaand of course, 5 minutes after posting, i found the explanation :D

anyway, here it is, in case somebody else needs guidance :)

"Offset" Extension Valves are used when a housing has a single accessory hole, but requires both a Vacuum Valve and electrical bulkhead to be installed in the same location. This will enable most housings to be able to utilize this valuable tool.

Taken from:

http://fotografit.eu/upload_dir/pics/Nauticam/Vacuum-system/NAUTICAM-VACUUM-CHECK-AND-LEAK-DETECTION-SYSTEM.pdf

Edited by makar0n

In case you are just using optical cables to trigger your strobes you won't need an offset vacuum valve. However, if you want to use electronic sync cables in order to trigger your strobes with much faster recycle time, or if you like to use an external screen, then you may need to think about such a valve. In case of the Nauticam Housing for the Olympus EM-1, there is only one accessory hole. This is usually used for the vacuum valve. So, since I want that my vacuum system tells me that my housing is perfectly sealed before I step in the water, while using electronic sync cables for the strobes, I need this offset vacuum valve. As said, this totally depends on your housing. The NA-EM-1 housing has a M14 accessory hole, while others have a M16 hole (Btw. there is also a step down adapter in case you got a M16 offset valve but want to use it on a M14 housing). Some DSLR housings have already the bulkhead for the sync cord and the separate vacuum valve installed, so there is no need for an offset vacuum valve. Hope this was helpful.

If you are just interested in the standard M14 vacuum valve, then I am happy to sell you mine. Just let me know.

Cheers

Sponsors

Advertisements