Has anyone tried the Nauticam Compact Macro Converter with a nikon 60mm micro lens on cropped sensor dslr? Says it works on the Nauticam site, but how well? What sort of working distance do you get?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, I havent been able to find it..

Edited by Overexposed Seahorse

From the Nauticam CMC site

Nikon Micro-Nikkor AF-S 60mm f/2.8G ED

Format Width Native 36 mm

Image Width Native 36 mm

Working Distance Native 47 mm

Image Width with CMC 24 mm

Magnification ratio 1.5 : 1

Working Distance 10 mm

Bill

Edited by bvanant

I was interested in this as I have a CMC lens and I am moving to a dslr setup soon.

But as said it's a 10mm working distance... I use it with the 60mm Olympus that has a working distance of 22mm and that I find a nightmare to use so I won't even be attempting it at 10mm!

Not Nikon, but I've tried my Inon UCL-165 67mm add-on with my Canon 7D and the EF-S 60mm macro lens in a Nauticam 60mm macro port. It works fine, but focus is at around 1inch (2.5cm) between subject and lens.

The 60mm micro is a great all around macro/portrait lens, but it sucks for super macro. Focus is so close and DOF so shallow at that level of magnification that it's virtually impossible to focus and even if you can, it's too close to light it. Haven't used the macro converter but with either the SubSea 10 or a Flip, I haven't got a usable shot. Almost everyone uses the 105mm. I understand the 85 will work as well.

Sponsors

Advertisements