bmyates

EVA Airlines - Elite vs Economy Class?

I've never flown EVA, but am considering it for a Philippines trip.

Can anyone (especially someone tall) give me an idea how much better/roomier Elite is than Economy?

TIA,

Bruce

I've flown EVA a couple of times between Seattle and Manila via Elite Class and once via Economy. Regarding the amount of legroom, I'd compare it to an Emergency Exit row in Economy. The times I flew Elite, it was about $200-$300 more for the round trip ticket in Elite vs. Economy. The time I flew Economy, it was close to double to fly in Elite, which just wasn't worth it to me. I ended up scoring an Exit row each way between Seattle and Taipei so I had equivalent legroom without having to pay. I'm 6' 0", by the way.

Consider Singapore Air. Consistently rated first or second best.

We can get a non stop to Manila from Los Angeles, but will take Sing Air the longer route to Manila just for their service!

Just flew EVA yesterday from Indonesia to LAX, great service. Have flown both Economy and Business and find them to be top notch either way. Good leg room and seat width in coach comparable to exit row or economy plus on US flagged carriers. EVA or SING are always first choice when available. Seat Guru can give you lots of info on the different aircraft and airlines.

Singapore air is the better choice Eva second.

Just back from a month long trip-12 flights 5 airlines-6 foot tall

SFO to Cambodia 10 days- and then to Wakatobi Indonesia for two weeks

Was fortunate enough to have 4 empty seats so I could lay down both long flights.

The Elite is very comfy for a 6’2”, 190lbs guy. My buddy flew Elite and now swears by it. And he’s very picky!

Hi Bruce!

Go for it. I flew EVA the last couple times I went to Indonesia, including our honeymoon. I found it to be about almost as nice as Singapore Airlines. The bump up to "Premium Economy" (whatever they call it now) is well worth it. It compares favorably to "Executive Economy" on Singapore Airlines. Not sure how the leg from TPE to Manila works, but their flight from TPE to JKT was a 747 when I did it. Being in a premium class of service allowed you to select seats all the way up in the nose of the plane for that leg and it was very quiet -- the view out of the window seats at the very front was great. Note that they used to do seat assignments online and open it up exactly one month before departure -- so be on the lookout for that if they still do it.

Now TPE is not as nice an airport as SIN. However, there is a place where you can get a shower and change clothes, etc.

Mike

Sponsors

Advertisements