RWBrooks

C300 mk2 for underwater

Hi, does anyone have any links to footage shot with the C300mk2 underwater. Just curious to how well it does but I'm not find anything on youtube. It's a great topside camera so how well does it do especially now it can pump out 4K Raw.....

Cheers

Richard

Edited by RWBrooks

Nothing on YT and Vimeo as far as I can tell. Maybe worth asking Gates whether they could point you to some footage or a user of this combo.

• Like 1

Not a good sign either way

I wonder if the absence of any footage is not more a product of the segmentation of the market. It seems to me that the c300II and other similar cameras (sony fs7, panasonic varicam) in the 5-20k price range are addressing a non-existing market, especially when it comes to underwater footage.

On one hand, regular hobby users probably can't justify the price of a full package once you factor in housings, external monitors/recorders, ports, lenses, etc. when compared to DSLR type cameras (or ever action cameras) that are perfectly adequate for their use. On the other hand, professionals that actually need (read, can sell) raw 4k footage are selling to blue-chip natural history or hollywood-type productions productions that turn their noses at anything that isn't a 50k+ Red or Arri...

• Like 1

Well, if someone is shooting for a doco or film, they won’t be releasing the clips online. I know of 1 shoot but never saw anything from it. Like it was suggested, check with Gates and see if they know of anyone. But youtube destroys 4k anyways, so it’s probably better to catch it on a reference monitor.

Sponsors

Advertisements