Oceanshutter

Nauticam Flip Diopter holder problems

Hello,

I have had a total of 3 different Nauticam Flip diopter holders. Each one has seized up on me at the hinge. The first one I broke trying to muscle it to close underwater. Our current 2 are my wifes and I's. Both are suffering the same issue. We were in Lembeh, and I started to swing it open and shut in some fresh water, but it still didn't help.

Is anyone else having issues with this?

Thanks for your help.

Dustin

Hi Dustin,

We have revised the design of the Flip Holder some time ago (sorry that I forgot the exact time!) and I believe this problem have been fully resolved as I also dive a lot and I don't experience this problem anymore. I would like to send over 2 of the new ones to you to help testing the new design in the field. Please let me know the best way to get them over to you.

Best regards,

Edward

• Like 2

Hi Dustin,

We have revised the design of the Flip Holder some time ago (sorry that I forgot the exact time!) and I believe this problem have been fully resolved as I also dive a lot and I don't experience this problem anymore. I would like to send over 2 of the new ones to you to help testing the new design in the field. Please let me know the best way to get them over to you.

Best regards,

Edward

Hi Edward. Thanks for the response. I will pm you my address.

Dustin.

This has happened several times with mine when I was in Bali three years ago. I had to completely disassemble it, clean it an put it back together. I have been very careful to not let the hinge get anywhere near the sand since then.

Yes, same for me. The hinge seems particularly prone to the slightest contaminant. I also disassemble and clean, several times a year.

Other than that, i find it an indispensable piece of gear.

Hi Edward,

I'm at Lembeh now, and this problem happened to me everyday.

It is not funny handle disassemble and do the cleaning process where are so many small parts during travel.

I thought there must be manufacturing issues.

Cheers

KL

Hi KL,

We revised the internal design in the beginning of 2016.

Edward

Hi Edward,

I found some rusty around the metal spring and roller ball.

However, I been use this holder just for a few time and rinse afterward.

Anyhow, I'll send back this item to the dealer in HK for service after my trip.

Cheers

Kelvin

Sponsors

Advertisements