adamhanlon

List of definite scammers

Thanks to our wonderful community, another potential scammer has been identified and banned: adam897969  using the email address adam897969@gmail.com.

We suggest that you do not contemplate completing any transactions with him/her.

His/her MO is to offer products that have been requested in the Classifieds forum via PM. I urge that people receiving offers via PM, rather than in the public forum, be very wary.

Got another one!

suzzywire25 (suzzywire25@gmail.com) is a scammer-please do not attempt to complete any transactions with him/her.

He/she is banned (12/03/2022) 

Thanks to those that reported him/her!

jackson.distin35 (jackson.distin35@gmail.com) (banned 21/03/2022)

We have another...he/she has been responding to people's' WTB posts via PM. He/she was a "New Member" and never made a post in the forums.

In this case, he/she directed people to email either: 

Suzan.ralph30@gmail.com
Famous.seller1902@gmail.com
tunnelfox9@gmail.com
suzan.Tommy35@gmail.com

As these were friends/partners that had the goods that people were after. I think it is safe to assume that they do not have the goods.

What amazed me was that members of the forum, despite these obvious (to me) warning signs were responding to his/her messages and sending emails.

PLEASE...if you are approached via PM about goods you are seeking, encourage the prospective seller to engage with you via your forum post. If they can't/won't, this needs to ring alarm bells.

Have a look at their profile - if they are new to Wetpixel. or have not yet fully completed their profile, be very wary. Remember to sell goods via the Classifieds, individuals must have made at least 3 posts elsewhere on the forums. 

If you get approached via PM, please feel free to loop me into the conversation, or ask the community via the forums for any feedback about the individual. 

23 hours ago, adamhanlon said:

Suzan.ralph30@gmail.com
tunnelfox9@gmail.com
suzan.Tommy35@gmail.com

Last few days I have been bombarded by fraud attempt so flagging them up.

From above list for sure Suzan.ralph30@gmail.com and tunnelfox9@gmail.com coming from so called member "jackson.distin35".

Today I received direct email from Adam Smith adam897969@gmail.com asking if I was still interested to buy zoom gear. When I asked to send me photos I got pics of ports. 

Be careful out there!

IMG_6092 Medium.jpeg

On 3/22/2022 at 10:46 AM, andi_db said:

Last few days I have been bombarded by fraud attempt so flagging them up.

Folks - if you get offers that seem to be fraudulent, please let me and the community know. Wetpixel is a safe place to trade gear, but only because we are a community. This involves sharing information!

All the best

Adam

27 minutes ago, adamhanlon said:

Folks - if you get offers that seem to be fraudulent, please let me and the community know. Wetpixel is a safe place to trade gear, but only because we are a community. This involves sharing information!

All the best

Adam

Yes Adam, sorry I didn't mean to make it look like it's all scam. I sold many items here and had no problems at all! It's a great place to get advice and exchange gear.

44 minutes ago, waterpixel said:

Just had a scam PM from @Choice21asking me to email

suzan.Tommy35@gmail.com

Me too. Reported to Adam

Hi all,

I just came here as well to report a scam PM from @Choice21 with the same details as the above posts. This was in response to a WTB thread that I recently posted on classifieds. He/she was inistent on me communcating by email outaide this platform. I see that the conversation and the account is now deleted.

Thanks,

Doug

Apologies all-was away yesterday. Managed to get enough signal to ban him/her, but not enough to reply!

Banned (24/25/03/2022): 

Choice21 (Choiceltd21@gmail.com)
Rocky 25 (Rocky.distin25@gmail.com)
Rocky35 (Rocky.distin35@gmail.com)

Keep up the good work-thanks for all the reports!

Adam

Thanks to our amazing community, another scammer has been unmasked.

mattburns8979 (jerrycan697989@gmail.com) or (mattburns8979@gmail.com) or (adam897969@gmail.com) is definitely a scammer.

His number is 559 7124437 and he is encouraging people to communicate via text. It is a Google voice 
account, and it is likely that he is in Nigeria.

So piecing together this...it seems that we are being targeted by one individual. 

Suzan.ralph30@gmail.com
tunnelfox9@gmail.com
suzan.Tommy35@gmail.com
jerrycan697989@gmail.com
mattburns8979@gmail.com
adam897969@gmail.com

Choiceltd21@gmail.com
Rocky.distin25@gmail.com
Rocky.distin35@gmail.com

Relate to: mattburns8979, Choice21, Rocky 25, Rocky35, Adam Smith at least...

Again, for emphasis, please check out the purported sellers activity on the forum and avoid any transactions that want to be done via email or text message! Use safe payment methods. The scammer above wanted to use Venmo, Zelle or PayPal friends and family. His PayPal address is adam897969@gmail.com. 

Some more scammers: 

Same MO-sending folks PM's offering goods for sale that they have placed WTB ads for.

Bodethomas25 (Famous.seller1902@gmail.com) (banned 04/08/22)
Also Using the email Gucci.brain2012@gmail.com and user name Gucci25 (also banned 04/08/2022)

I would suggest avoiding..

Thank to our community, we have found another scammer:

Ammuni25 (billamunni25@gmail.com) - banned 21/04/22.

He she was also using favorchristain@yahoo.com and the phone number 424-469-2391

Tr stress again, if someone has not made any posts on the forum and approaches you in response to WTB ads via pm, be very wary. Do your due diligence...

Thanks agin to the community

Adam

They keep coming...

seanduglas (Seanduglas@gmail.com) banned 24/04/2022

Claiming that if you email 
gzebe63@gmail.com, they will have goods requested.

It is highly unlikely that these folks have any underwater photography equipment, but very likely that they will try to use PM and email to fleece our community.

Sponsors

Advertisements