Draq

EM1 Mkii settings

I finally had time to mess around with settings on the EM1 Mkii. Kind of a daunting array of options. I think I have it set up the way I want now.

I was wondering if anyone who has had the chance to shoot with this camera underwater has any thoughts on preferred settings?

There's an excellent setup guide here if you search for it for EM5 settings and included some focusing and exposure strategies. I found it to apply perfectly to my EM1 mk1. I'd bet it would also apply very well to the Mk2.

I'm in the same boat, also trying to find some more info regarding underwater settings,

A few questions:

- Focus peaking is almost impossible to use, I can barely see the spots (the panasonic one seems much more noticable)

- Underwater white balance. Now that Olympus has figured out video what is the best/most practical way of setting the correct white balance? I'm looking at Magic filter vs Custom White balance vs underwater mode, or a combination.

Any suggestions?

I bought my GF some white fins. I WB off those.

LOL! Brilliant!

Thanks for the input. Moving up from an EM1 I am familiar with a lot of the settings but was curious if anyone had used or experimented with the AF tracking settings (Loose-Tight), the different focus point options, etc. I have largely set mine up like the EM1 but there are some options new to this model. I assume those of you dealing with wb questions are doing video? I find that auto wb or the cloudy setting makes final adjustment in lightroom or PS quite easy.

I am interested in trying the pro capture feature using a video light. I don't know exactly what I hope to accomplish but I think it sounds like an interesting experiment.

Edited by Draq

Sponsors

Advertisements