MatIreland

Canon G7x mk1 and mk2 difference

Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would add it in here (and if it's wrong I'm sure someone will move it to where it should be!)

I had a Canon G7X which sadly gave up the ghost recently. I have been looking into replacing it, but the mk2 is now out, are they very different? I have an underwater housing for the G7X (Fantasea I believe) so I want to just carry on using this. Does anyone know if there are any major differences which would stop a mk2 being used in the housing? I am trying to source a mk1 anyway but if a mk2 will fit and work fine then I will invest in one of those

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Don't know theses camera, nor the housing. But I don't know if I have ever seen a housing for one model that would fit the next.

I sure there are some, but not many. Sometimes the manufacture will modify a housing for an upgraded model.

Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would add it in here (and if it's wrong I'm sure someone will move it to where it should be!)

I had a Canon G7X which sadly gave up the ghost recently. I have been looking into replacing it, but the mk2 is now out, are they very different? I have an underwater housing for the G7X (Fantasea I believe) so I want to just carry on using this. Does anyone know if there are any major differences which would stop a mk2 being used in the housing? I am trying to source a mk1 anyway but if a mk2 will fit and work fine then I will invest in one of those

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Hi do you use your camera for any macro work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi do you use your camera for any macro work?

I haven't done, but I have not had a chance to go and use it for some time now

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Hi,

I pretty sure that MK1 housing wouldn't take MK2. Mk2 is slightly larger. Sorry!

I moved from G15 to G7x for the ability to use auto flash on manual which I didn't have on the G15. It works very well with macro. However, my old Inon dome didn't work with G7x and produced horrible soft edges which I didn't have with the G15. I must say G7xm1 works well for macro and I am happy with the results. With M2 I hear the focus speed is much better which is great for macro as the little creatures don't hang around for long.

For wide angle I use the Nauticam N50 Compact Dome Port but it's not as wide as my old Inon.

So in summary, to get the best results for both macro and wide angle, I took the changeable port option which it took away my ability to switch under water.

Edited by yasser.nadim

Sponsors

Advertisements