Sign in to follow this  
Timz

Bugeye lens for Micro 4/3??

Hi... I know Inon makes Bugeye lens for Canon E-FS 60mm and also a wet lens UFL-M150 ZM80 for compacts.

Have anyone tried using the UFL-M150 ZM80 for MFT set up. If hpu have, please state the lens combo u ised it with and also provide a samplw pic if possible.

Thanks. Appreciate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Timz

I've used it with Oly 12-50mm. Difficult to work with, and positioning the flashes. Better to use a flashes diffuser domes...

But it's very enjoyable combo.

Some examples in my Flickr gallery --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/jose_arteaga/page2

Hi Timz

I've used it with Oly 12-50mm. Difficult to work with, and positioning the flashes. Better to use a flashes diffuser domes...

Some examples in my Flickr gallery --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/jose_arteaga/page2

Hi Yako,

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics with me.

How would you compare the 12-50mm + Bugeye to the Pana 8mm?

I have the Pana 8mm. And i was just considering the Inon Bugeye.

Thanks.

Hi Timz

Also, did u use the lens with the dome unit..? Or just the lens..?

Hi Yako,

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics with me.

How would you compare the 12-50mm + Bugeye to the Pana 8mm?

I have the Pana 8mm. And i was just considering the Inon Bugeye.

Thanks.

I think is not comparable. With 8mm, you could do CFWA, and it's not so complicated.

With 12-50 + Bugeye, taking a good photo is much more complicated, due to you need to use close aperture (F22) (speed decrease a lot...), very very close to the small subject, and flash positioning start to be critical. But is a chalenge -:)

Bugeye have a 67mm diameter, then you need to use 60mm port, and a focus ring in the 12-50 lens (mine is a 3D ring I bought by internet...)

I think is not comparable. With 8mm, you could do CFWA, and it's not so complicated.

With 12-50 + Bugeye, taking a good photo is much more complicated, due to you need to use close aperture (F22) (speed decrease a lot...), very very close to the small subject, and flash positioning start to be critical. But is a chalenge -:)

Bugeye have a 67mm diameter, then you need to use 60mm port, and a focus ring in the 12-50 lens (mine is a 3D ring I bought by internet...)

Sounds complicated. But i have made the zoom gear for my 12-50mm and a 67mm flip adapter for my Olympus housing...

Care to share the reason for having a small aperture F/22?

Sounds complicated. But i have made the zoom gear for my 12-50mm and a 67mm flip adapter for my Olympus housing...

Care to share the reason for having a small aperture F/22?

Bugeye is a lens that creates Wide angle effect in small creatures, but it's a macro lens, then for having a good DOF you need to close bigger than F16...

Bugeye is a lens that creates Wide angle effect in small creatures, but it's a macro lens, then for having a good DOF you need to close bigger than F16...

okay. thanks.

Posted (edited)

It seems that Nauticam is releasing now a wet lens that creates bug eye characteristics (for MFT in connection with the Zuiko 60mm Macro lens): https://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/nauticam-extended-macro-wide-angle-lens

Does someone have more information and eventually sample photos (I am curious)?

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

Posted (edited)

Here a found a video that explains this new wetlens a little: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=2523553451253651&ref=watch_permalink

Did I get it right: the gain is that one approaches the subject with a smaller diameter rod, instead of the domeport??

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis
link was wrong

Posted (edited)

@ Chris:

I did some recherches on the Venus probe and asked both Venus and Nauticam about the depth rating: Venus answered that the probe is immersible, but not intended for higher pressure and it is up to Nauticam to guarantee any depth. Nauticam answered that Venus (Laowa) is responsible for the depth rating, they guarantee just for their parts (the tip of the original probe extends from the Nauticam housing).

So, when wanting to be on the save side, one can use this probe also without a special UW housing, just tipping in the tip of the probe into water (I have seen the reviews about real UW use of the probe here, but I am not sure that the testers have been aware of the problem of no depth guarantee by the maufacturers). In addition, IQ has been rated to be, at most, moderate. I am looking forwards to read reviews of the new Nauticam optics...

I am not seriously planning yet to go for this new probe, I am just curious...

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

There are people using the probe UW here in Australia for diving.  Looking at the probe it is a small diameter cylinder which is a very strong item and the front lens small so also quite strong.  Assuming it is o-ring sealed, if it is good for 1-2m immersion, it is good for much greater depth I would think.  The manufacturer just hasn't done the rating calculations I suspect.

Having said that getting back to the OP question, the INON device is designed for the EF-S 60mm lens.  You could quite likely use the INON device with a 60mm lens and a metabones 1x adapter on micro43 along with an  appropriate adapter.

I found this review of the INON UFL lens here with some sample pics:  http://www.reefwreckandcritter.com/blog/march-20th-2017

Thanks for posting the interesting link to review of the Inon UFL-M150 ZM80 with MFT sensors, Chris...

The rod shaped Laowa probe offers the advantage of much less scaring th eanimals, when approaching them so close. Still I have reservations about depth rating and also whether the AOV would be really good with the small MFT sensor...

The Nauticam probe likely offers superb IQ, but when using the very wide AOV, the end of the arrangement more resembles a domeport than a thin rod. So a 8mm fisheye (or 8-15mm zoom fisheye) with a 100mm dome may be similar in bulkiness, but certainly will provide better IQ. In addition both Nauticam and Laowa probe cost a whole fortune...

I find the Inon UFL-M150 ZM80 very attractive as this may offer the possibility to make normal macro with the Pana 45mm and/or Zuiko 60mm and to swing in the Inon UFL-M150 ZM80 via the wet diopter holder on demand for WAM. Big questionmark is IQ, better not to expect too much. I also could not find a statement that the 45mm and/or 60mm macro lenses are compatible. I wrote to several sellers, but I got only one answer stating that the Inon UFL-M150 ZM80 is comaptible with 12-50mm and 14-42mm standard lenses (I am not a fan of these "Jack of all trades" lenses and prefer to go macro with the dedicated macro lenses). At the first glace, I do not see at the first glace, why the 45mm should not work. Also the 60mm may work, but with less AOV (but more working distance). Seems that one has to test out the potential of this wet lens by oneself. I am close to acquire this funny wet lens :crazy: (Is'nt this the interantional divers sign for GAS)....

Wolfgang

I asked the blogger of the Inon UFL-M150 ZM80 review that Chris linked: http://www.reefwreckandcritter.com/blog/march-20th-2017

Jeff wrote that he has tested the MFT prime macro lenses, including Zuiko 60mm and Panasonic 45mm, but none of them worked together with the Inon wetlens, just the two named zoomlenses work - so no option for me..... :o

Wolfgang

I wonder if this would be compatible with the 12-40mm PRO lens.

The examples posted are not very sharp.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements