craig nelson

Viewfinder Optic Protection

Hi All

I thought I'd just share this little tip with you.

having just got myself a lovely VF45 finder I want to provide the best care I can for the optics pre and post dive. I'm always very concerned about loose items damaging sensitive and expensive things so I set about looking for a solution to protect the optic.

The caps supplied I suspect are easily lost. I managed to find a cover for telescopic sites from Butler Creek.

They do a range of sizes and I found a perfect fit for my S&S VF45

See attached pictures. They are made for outdoor use, but for £10 I'm happy to replace when it wears out.

This might have been covered before in other posts, but thought it was worth a share.

Regards

Craig

post-4127-0-60196300-1498150631_thumb.jpg

post-4127-0-88336600-1498150782_thumb.jpg

Edited by craig nelson
  • Like 2

Craig,

Thank you! Just ordered one for my wife's Nauticam housing after its cover escaped during our most recent dive trip.

Tom

Great! Can anybody tell me which one (size) I would need for the Nauticam 45 degree viewfinder?

Thanks in advance!

Sascha

You need to measure you optic diameter with a set of calipers

You can then select the next largest size from their range mine was 0.3mm oversized which was a perfect fit.

Regards

Craig

Dear Craig,

I've tried to attach all kinds of protection to my viewfinder after I lost the rubber cap: spray can caps, bottle caps and so on.

The Butler Creek covers are not easy to find in Europe, but I found a supplier and the cover just came in. It fits perfectly, I'm happy as a kid now :-)

What a great tip. Thank you.

Rollin

Edited by rollin

I'm just in Bali at present using mine. Works a total treat. I grabbed mine from EBay if that helps anyone.

Regards

Craig

I bought mine now at Amazon Germany. The #30390 works fine with my Nauticam 45 degree viewfinder..

Edited by SMY
  • Like 1

I have bought the 30340 for my 45° viewfinder (M43 type). Snug fit!

Found it at Pecheur.com.

Edited by rollin

Sponsors

Advertisements