Sign in to follow this  
laz217

Aquatica A5000 Housing

The housing is beautifully manufactured. A finish that most all on the trip envied. Including D60 shooting Dave Fleetham.

The camera functions were easy to use and the housing was very nice and compact in current.

As for service, as I have mentioned before I believe the service issue with Aquatica was a past owner issue. Blake with Aquatica has had the comapany for the last 1 1/2 and far exceeded my service expectations.

I had what I believe to be a minor hotshoe problem on the trip. Part my fault as I rushed Aquatica to get me a housing on time. They worked to the last minute to get it to me in time for the trip and specially made the hotshoe just to make it happen.

I too recommend the housing and Aquatica.

:D

Pipin!

I saw your Imax movie - Ocean Men. It was excellent!!!

Welcome to Wetpixel.

James Wiseman

yahsemtough must be Todd...?

I was thinking, "heh! There was a guy on our trip with an Aquatica 5000 housing..."

"wait a minute...!"

:D

That is my Greyhounds racing name. Unique and he is great. He does also have some striping like a bengal cat.

I have finally done some editting and will try to send in some pics from the trip to the appropriate category. I assume it is easy to do.

I am planning to buy the A5000 housing, can anybody recommend me the substrobe brand and type? thx

yahsemtough --

Were you able to use the wide angle port with Nikon 19mm lens?

The coolpix 5000 will work with just about any Nikon TTL compatible strobe (which is just about all of them).

Make sure to get a strobe with plenty of coverage, especially if you plan on doing any wideangle shooting. The native lens on the coolpix goes out to 28mm.

My suggestion? Hit ebay and look for an Ike SS100 or SS200 or a Nikon SB102.

Cheers

James Wiseman

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements