dcnick96

45 degree viewfinder for Olympus Housing

Hi. I have an Olympus EM-1 in an Olympus PT-EP11 housing. I can't seem to find compatible 45 degree viewfinders. Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't think you can use a viewfinder with the Oly housing with its plastic back and non-removable eyepiece. Have to use one of the higher end housings where the back has enough strength to support the viewfinder. ie Nauticam, Aquatica, Subal, Sea and Sea, etc.

You can look for Oly or aftermarket LCD covers/loupes that magnify the LCD image. This can be a good substitute for a viewfinder. They won't allow 45 degree viewing but are better than the naked LCD.

Edited by guyharrisonphoto

I've had one of these on a PT-EP12 housing. I used it only once. You will only see a part of the LCD, you can move your eye around to see the middle or bottom, but you will never get the whole screen. I found it useless, but I can imagine some find it handy to focus or see the settings.

For this reason, I sold the whole set and bought a Nauticam housing with 45° viewfinder. Wallet is flat, but I'm very happy now.

Edited by rollin

Sponsors

Advertisements