SMY

Best way to connect two Seacam flashes to Nauticam with one Bulkhead?

I have now 2 of the new Seacam Seaflash 60 D with S6 and TTL for Nikon and want to connect them to my Nauticam D800 housing for the Nikon D800....but the housing has only one M16 bulkhead.... how to connect? Splitter?

Edited by SMY

As i understand, you have version-1 of NA-D800 housing, because version-2 has 2 holes M16 on the top.

For 2 pcs Seaflash strobes usage in wire TTL with that housing, i would do the following:

1) install adapter Nauticam #25019 (M16 to M14 step down) to M16 hole of the housing. Install Nauticam S6 bulkhead to M14 thread.

2) Drill one more hole on the top of the housing, thread M14. Install second S6 bulkhead.

3) Install UWTechnics TTL-Converter #11037. This is the world's first TTL-Converter which supports Seacam/ Inon/ Ikelite/ Sea&Sea strobes in TTL on the single board. This is rare and more complicated version (because of Seacam compatibility), more expensive than standard TTL board for D800 housing. Optical TTL and Wire TTL on that board are available for other strobe types too, if you change the strobes in future.

This would be the most wide TTL configuration for this housing, for all occasions.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Hi Pavel,

thanks al lot for the infos! I have seversl questions:

1. I don't find withe number you mentioned the uwtechnics board in the web...is it the red one? This I already own and use it with my YS-D2s.

2. which S6 bulkhead should I use? The one I find, is only with Canon hotshoe...

3. Drill a second hole...wow, no chance to avoid this.....who could do this in Europe?

Regrds, Sascha

Sascha...Will the 60D not trigger optically?

You could either run it from the camera's flash or via an optical electrical converter (which will improve your frame rate).

Adam

Will the 60D not trigger optically?

The interesting question, - if 60D has TTL optical input or just Manual ?

If optical input works as TTL, Sascha need not think about wires certainly.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

....unfortunatelly I understood no TTL via optical cord....or am I wrong? This would simplify everything....

....unfortunatelly I understood no TTL via optical cord....or am I wrong? This would simplify everything....

I also don't know regarding optical input there. This is new strobe.

Do you have Manual (Instruction) for 60D ?

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Flashes are there manual still in production....brand new...

btw: I understood the red uwtechnics only support S&S and Inon?

Regards, Sascha

Ah...that may be the case. I knew that they could be optically triggered, but don't know about TTL.

Adam

btw: I understood the red uwtechnics only support S&S and Inon?

If you show me the picture, i can understand the red board version.

Early versions supported Inon and Sea&Sea strobes. The last version #11031 supports Inon, Ikelite and Sea&Sea. This is new and most popular version.

The version #11037 is very special, it supports TTL for Seacam, Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea. It was released few days ago. I think, dealers don't have this version in stock yet, only manufacturer has.

This board is twice more complicated than standard #11031 board. it has sense to buy #11037 only if you use Seacam strobes + others.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Hopefully I am wrong...this was not my main interest, when I bought them and currently Seacam is on holidays....next week they are back and I will call them.

Assuming that it works like in the other Seacam Flashes:

1. They use TTL via optical?

2. Which converter is feasible?

Regards, Sascha

Drill a second hole...wow, no chance to avoid this.....who could do this in Europe?

I don't know, maybe it is difficult for you. As for me, - this is easy. i make it on the milling machine rather often for friends.

If finally you will decide to do it, i can help.

Seacam confirmed me today that optical input in 60D is TTL input.

So, you can avoid wire configurations.

I see now that 60D is new Seacam product, it has optical TTL, like Inon/Sea&Sea strobes.

Use your camera pop-up flash or Optical TTL-Converter. Nauticam housing has 2 optical bulkheads for that.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel,

thanks a lot for your great advice and support!!!!

I will check it asap!

Best regards, Sascha

Not really directly related to your questions but maybe of interest for some thinking of connecting Seacam strobes to Nauticam Housings via Bulkhead:

I installed two Seacam 150 strobes to my Nauticam Housing this year after bringing them back from the Dive Show in Germany. I got them with the Seacam Bulkheads as the Nauticam ones were not available at the booths of the various dealers at that moment. So i decided to go with the Seacam ones and use the M16-14 step down adapter that Pavel mentioned above.

The bad surprise: The Seacam M14 Bulkheads don't fit through the Nauticam Step Down Adapter as the thread is too long.
I had the adapter milled out and filed off the front part of the bulkhead to make it work.

post-5531-0-82999600-1501837376_thumb.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements