Sign in to follow this  
allen

Diffuser for focus light

I have a Hartenberger focus light with an LED light head. It is too bright as a focus light. The original light head which was halogen had a diffuser lens from the get go that work nicely. For this last trip I made a couple of diffusers from a white shampoo bottle. It worked okay but was still harsher than I wanted. It also turned my nice white to yellow which I did not like.

As such, I have a couple of options. I am sure I can send the head to Hartenberger and have them swap out the clear glass with a frosted lens. But I was thinking about making some glass diffusers and wanted to get some input on what type of glass to look for. I know about what I call laboratory grade optical diffusers but not sure I need that high of quality.

Edited by allen

Visit your local super market and look at the plastic tops on Pringles Chips or other items packed in a tube.

Thanks, but that is basically what I created with the shampoo bottle. That did not work very well and they are more opaque than the Pringle lids.

You could try the diffusers INON makes for their LED light (neat little lights BTW run on AA rechargables), the filter is about 40mm dia so whether it works depends on the size of your light, they also have a red one, increases beam angle from 30 to 60°

http://www.inon.jp/products/le_light/lf1000s.html

I believe the filter/diffusers are sold separately

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements