thani

Keldan 8X 11000LM CRI 92 video light

Anybody tried the latest 8X CRI 92 or the previous model CRI 96? Any feedback is appreciated.

Pricey indeed they are :(. I'm not buying them my friend is :).

Lighting for video is paramount but it doesn't have to be with such expensive lights.

I myself have not tried them as they are way too pricey imo but I was just in the Philippines and met a dude who were using these and the color and power they put out is really great. If I ever felt like spending that much money on lights I would not hesitate to get the high cri and lumen version by Keldan.

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

Got the 13,000 lumen 92 cri with spectrum and ambient filters. (Filters only to compensate for my sony a6500 poor white balance) otherwise couldn’t be happier with them. I used sola f2000’s before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the 13,000 lumen 92 cri with spectrum and ambient filters. (Filters only to compensate for my sony a6500 poor white balance) otherwise couldn’t be happier with them. I used sola f2000’s before.

That's a pretty big step up from your Solas haha.

That's a pretty big step up from your Solas haha.

Haha, they were hefty but couldn't be happier. Now i'm looking for some a good macro video light that I can snoot with.

Haha, they were hefty but couldn't be happier. Now i'm looking for some a good macro video light that I can snoot with.

I'm using the inon lf800-n as a snoot and it works great.

Do you have a picture of your A6500 rig with the Keldans you can post?

Do you have a picture of your A6500 rig with the Keldans you can post?

9b5efbeed2687fb74d3e001216a7e072.jpg

Not the best pic but it’s the one on the right. I’ll be taking it to Bali next week so if you need more pics i’ll take some then. As i’d need to rebuild it.

Posted (edited)

Hi, just a short question. I have also problems with the weak white balance of the A6500.

Am i right that i put on the spectrum red filter to the housing or lens and try to make a custom whitebalance with the red filter to the ambient light and after that i put on the Lights with the ambient filters?

Right now i look for new lights (i also use 2 Sola 2000 at the moment) and Keldan 8X is my favourite one but i dont know if i need the spectrum and ambient light filters. On the Keldan Homepage and on the comercial videos they told we have to do a proper white balance to use this Setup.

Thank you very much for a short reply to this topic.

Greetings

Marcus

Edited by Aui-Videography

Hi, just a short question. I have also problems with the weak white balance of the A6500.

Am i right that i put on the spectrum red filter to the housing or lens and try to make a custom whitebalance with the red filter to the ambient light and after that i put on the Lights with the ambient filters?

Right now i look for new lights (i also use 2 Sola 2000 at the moment) and Keldan 8X is my favourite one but i dont know if i need the spectrum and ambient light filters. On the Keldan Homepage and on the comercial videos they told we have to do a proper white balance to use this Setup.

Thank you very much for a short reply to this topic.

Greetings

Marcus

Hello Marcus, I do the white balance with the red filters on and ambient light. And if you need to use the lights and if you have the red filters on then I would also use the blue filters on the lights and white balance again. It's not as good as cannons below 40ft but the red filter helps a lot.

Hello Marcus, I do the white balance with the red filters on and ambient light. And if you need to use the lights and if you have the red filters on then I would also use the blue filters on the lights and white balance again. It's not as good as cannons below 40ft but the red filter helps a lot.

Hey, thank you for your reply.

Do you own the cyan Filters? I fear of the point that the cyan filter will block to much light. I heard of about 2 stops of light.

Do you get WB error nevertheless also with the red filter?

What kind of Keldan filter do you use? 67mm Version on the port or directly on the lens inside of the housing?

thank you

Hey, thank you for your reply.

Do you own the cyan Filters? I fear of the point that the cyan filter will block to much light. I heard of about 2 stops of light.

Do you get WB error nevertheless also with the red filter?

What kind of Keldan filter do you use? 67mm Version on the port or directly on the lens inside of the housing?

thank you

Any filter takes light off the interesting concept about the keldan filters eapecially with wwl1 is that you can remove and change in water

You cannot make decision on filter yes or no or ambient light filters if you dont know whats like in the water

Sponsors

Advertisements