Sign in to follow this  
Peres

Oly Pro 7-14 Dome on Oly housing

I'm looking for the best dome for the Olympus 7-14mm on the Olympus housing (PT-EP14).

From the reports on several posts, the Olympus dome PPO-EP04(+adapter+extension) is not good option (optically).
As alternative there is recent AOI DLP-07, the older Athena OPD-F170V II (+adapter+extension) or the newer Athena OPD-WZ7-14II.
In common, no detail reviews or comparisons with this lens.
Curiously both manufacturers are rumoured to have produce domes (OEM) for Olympus, .
In Europe all there domes are priced very close.
Any suggestions ?
I would prefer an Olympus product, support is excellent, however it's clear the PPO-EP04 is old design adaptation.
Thanks

I shoot the Inon 170mm dome originally intended for the old 4/3 system with my Oly OMD housing. It needs the Olympus port adapter PAD-EP08 and a 2" extension (or 2 1" extensions) for use with the 7-14 and 12-40 Pro lenses and the Panasonic Leica 8-18 lens. Remove the extension and it works great with the 8mm fisheye. I sold my 7-14 Pro to fund the 8-18, and I've been happy with all 4 lenses in this dome port. Link below:

http://www.divervision.com/inon-dome-port-olympus-with-protector-ii-set-for-zuiko-digital-ed-8mm-f3.5-fisheye-456212143338.html

I hadn't heard of the AOI or newer Athena domes- nice to see there's more options out there.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements