Sign in to follow this  
lamadio

Night Sea?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Night Sea" accessories?

(FYI: This is a camera attachment that suposedly exposes "Underwater Fluorescence". Check out website at:

http://www.nightsea.com)

Does this work? How does it work for Digital cameras? Will it work with a Ikelite DS-125?

Thanks in advance!

I've tried it in hawaii, and hardly saw squat.

I guess they don't have the right kind of stuff.

Probably more soft corals, sponges, or anemones would show up more.

Many moons ago I wrapped up a portable mineral light (black light), and took it for a dive. Flooded it fairly quickly, but I didn't see anything fluoresce while it worked. (Puget Sound)

T'would be cool if it worked!

I have ordered the filters and light from night sea. They are going to the trouble of customizing a filter for my Tetra housing. Will post results after I have a chance to try the kit out.

rand

lamadio, Slow. I received an e-mail last week that the filter from Light & Motion had just been recieved and they were converting it for flourescence photograpy. Assuming all the other parts are in stock, Strobe filter, spotting light and Light Cannon with filter, I'm hoping to receive it soon. Will be testing it in Puget Sound first and then in La Paz, Mexico the end of August so I should have something to tell you by the end of next month.

Rand

Lamdio, just wanted to let you know that the Night Sea filters arrived and I had some success on my first effort. I dove the Underwater Park in Edmonds at night and found several anemones flourescing. There was quite a bit of surge and the current was running out a bit so the macro shooting was not ideal.

A few days later, I tried a night dive at Alki and found nothing at all.

I'm going to La Paz, Mexico next week and will post anything of value when I get back.

You can see a picture by clicking on the following link:

http://home.att.net/~randapex/800anenome.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements