Sign in to follow this  
jonjake

Belize - Looking for Reccomendations

I will be going to Belize for a week in January and staying in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. I dove in Belize many years ago before I was into underwater photography but don't remember who that was with. Does anyone have recommended dive operators in this area?

Here is what I am most interested in:

- Turneffe Atoll

- Shark Ray Alley

- Mangroves (if people anyone will do it, I know they have had some crocodile problems)

- Lighthouse Reef/Blue Hole (Is this worth doing?)

- Local dive sites near San Pedro.

I am mostly interested in shooting wide angle but would also do 1 or 2 days of macro. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Jon Anderson

uw.jonjake.com

Edited by jonjake

I have been to Belize 30 time. I will be back from 12-21 thru 12-31-17. I Always dive with the dive shop at Ramon's. They are the best on the island. I don't stay at Ramon,s much anymore but they are the ones I dive with. In shore near San Pedro is getting beat up a bit, but still nice. There is some great diving up north of town near Rocky Point. Lots of turtles and some Real Sharks. Again, I can't say enough good things about the dive group at Ramon's.

Do the Blue Hole once.

Drop down below the over hang, shoot divers in the back ground and slowly go up.

A "one trick pony"!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements