thetrickster

Nauticam Offset handles or me going mad?

I just recently got the housing for my GH5 to replace my GH3 housing.

However when I went to fit my Inferno / Flame Monitor housing bracket to the handles it didn’t seem to fit straight.

I wondered if it was bent in some way however after dismantling everything and checking everything at least three times it appears that the handle on the right is further forward than the left

Can anyone else confirm that this is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked for you. When I took the housing, I was surprised to see the right handle seemed to be a bit forward. But I checked with a ruler against the back side of the front part of the housing (open), and the two balls are exactly aligned.

Thanks for that. Weird eh!

It seems the right handle on mine wasn’t properly fitted at the factory. There are 2 grub screws on the bottom of each handle and it seems that it wasn’t properly seated before being screwed down.

The trick for me was to attach the Atomos bracket system to the handles first, then place the handles into their positions on the bottom L brackets and then tighten everything a bit at a time so it finally came right (it’s 99.5% straight now as whoever put it together has bent the cross members (between the handles and top of the housing) to get it to fit. Nothing major - it works.

Glad I wasn’t going crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsors

Advertisements