Phil Rudin

INON Z-330 review/OlympusTG-5 with Ikelite housing review

My reviews of these new products are now released in issue #100 of UWPMAG.com. This is a free PDF download until issue #101 is released.

• Like 1

Phil, I read both reviews. Very nicely written, very fair, very helpful. As always.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks Tursiops for the kind words, we strive to provide fair and impartial reviews to all of our readers.

I have an old dive buddy who has had bad luck with cameras going to Fiji next month. So she asks me what about a simple camera. I said the TG-5 and Oly hsg (cost ~). Now here is the tough question:

What lighting would you recommend for simplicity sake?

Weefine ring light, a single bright LED, or an Ike DS-51? (I also have an extra older INON D2000 mod 2, but that would be beyond her).

Jack at Optical Ocean has a kit with Kraken/Weefine Ring Light 1000, camera and hsg.

She is a great diver but cameras are sometimes a Bridge Too Far~

If you friends intent is to shoot stills and not video my suggestion would be any of the small strobes that fire using fiber optic cords. The Inon S-2000 is probably the most cost effective with a single tray and strobe arm setup. /the Weefine 1000 is more than a bit under powered. The ring light 3000 is a better option but about as expensive as a strobe and most suited to macro.

I found the Weefine 1000 more suited to macro video and the 3000 more suited to macro stills and macro video.

Sponsors

Advertisements